Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Here we go again

Article about: OK guys get this. Last month we had a discussion about the HJ Olympic and the Nuremberg Party day knives that issued.I think that the the consensus of the opinions came down that the items w

Default Here we go again

OK guys get this. Last month we had a discussion about the HJ Olympic and the Nuremberg Party day knives that issued.I think that the the consensus of the opinions came down that the items were post war issue and were fake as to the relative events they were commemorating.Today I came across both blades for sale one the Whitman Antique Military site Wittmann Antique Militaria .Go to the Hitler youth dagger section and look at item #34375 for 1895.00 and #34374 $1495.00.Read the description and let us discuss this again . what do you all think of this

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Here we go again
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Here we go again

Heres a good read about this bogus humped up "POST WAR" knife with many disguises

Deutsche jugend 'messer - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

Regards Mac 66.

It’s the same old story, with another example being a silver chained M 1936 SS dagger from the same source that reminds me a little bit of the Hans Christian Andersen children's story "The Emperor's New Clothes". Said dagger being briefly mentioned on several forums - and then guys who I KNOW have to know (or should know) that it’s a fake conversion to a M 1936 dagger studiously avoiding discussing the dagger in public. So it will be interesting to see if it is taken to the upcoming MAX show as a “rare find” like some other “treasures of collecting”. FP

?

It just proves that even when "big names" sell them, that doesnt make them genuine.

I read a piece from a big seller that stated that he and some other sellers were " making" them genuine, by telling they bought them straight from the vet.
    They all earned big bucks this way....
    I came across that while reading on the DJ knife treads on the HJ forums.

Cheers,
    Ger

Quote by Mac 66 View Post
    Heres a good read about this bogus humped up "POST WAR" knife with many disguises

Deutsche jugend 'messer - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

Regards Mac 66.
    Scott, that is some thread, what a chuckle
    Ben

?

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    Scott, that is some thread, what a chuckle
    DJ Knifes are Genuine , NOT

New video series on this.
    I really appreciate this guys work exposing fakes. He does a lot of good videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yW45bd53v8&feature=youtu.be