Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Land customs

Article about: Hi guys been a while since I've looked at a dagger. Am currently looking at this one to add to my collection. After comparing it to Rossi fine example I think it is good. I am not sure if po

?

Default Land customs

Hi guys been a while since I've looked at a dagger. Am currently looking at this one to add to my collection. After comparing it to Rossi fine example I think it is good. I am not sure if portepee is correct though. And I know the photos are not the best. As always appreciate your thoughts and time. Land customsLand customsLand customsLand customsLand customs

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Land customs
    P
    Many

Nice example Alan...... A first for me to see one made by Holler.
    I like the grip eagle on your example which is not made of the later production period material.

Best Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Thanks Larry. Yes I hadn't been able to find another on the site made by Holler. Did find some other examples with a Google search though. Thanks again for your time much appreciated.

Very rare portapee, most seen on the Zoll dagger are the standard bullion thread in 42cm length. The green/silver stripe tassel (Quaste) did exist, probably late war, and a few are around. This one is mint, and may be a reproduction.

?

Quote by Anderson View Post
    Very rare portapee, most seen on the Zoll dagger are the standard bullion thread in 42cm length. The green/silver stripe tassel (Quaste) did exist, probably late war, and a few are around. This one is mint, and may be a reproduction.
    I think the portepee stands a chance Peter, altough the pics arent great it looks like the 2 tone thread of the acorn has flat wires, and thats still not to be copied sofar.

Ger

?

Thanks for the input guys. Alas the missus has put the hard word on me and I have to choose between a new dagger or a new shotgun. As my other hobby is Canada Goose hunting. So for now have to prioritize and who could pass up a new shotgun. If dagger still available down the road I will reassess. Thank again.

Quote by AllanM View Post
    Thanks for the input guys. Alas the missus has put the hard word on me and I have to choose between a new dagger or a new shotgun. As my other hobby is Canada Goose hunting. So for now have to prioritize and who could pass up a new shotgun. If dagger still available down the road I will reassess. Thank again.
    Dont go against Upper Management / Wife ...once the order comes down...you must obey...OR.... tell her the dagger only costs $25
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Haha I wish Larry. She not that silly though. She's a keeper though so I can wait.