MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Land Customs by Hoerster

Article about: Hi guys have been offered this dagger. To me it looks good in every respect. With one small issue. And which dealer has been straight up about. Someone has drilled a small hole in the back w

?

Default Land Customs by Hoerster

Hi guys have been offered this dagger. To me it looks good in every respect. With one small issue. And which dealer has been straight up about. Someone has drilled a small hole in the back which is threaded. He believes it was done to prevent dagger being drawn as it must of been displayed. Is wanting 2700 US for it. Will still display great from the front. I dont like the holes though. Appreciate your thoughts thanks. Land Customs by HoersterLand Customs by HoersterLand Customs by HoersterLand Customs by HoersterLand Customs by HoersterLand Customs by HoersterLand Customs by HoersterLand Customs by HoersterLand Customs by HoersterLand Customs by HoersterLand Customs by HoersterLand Customs by HoersterLand Customs by HoersterLand Customs by Hoerster

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Land Customs by Hoerster
    P
    Many

?

Please ignore my comments about price i was thinking aloud

Other than the ridiculous drilled holes ..Not my area of strength but I see no issues with it ..appears to be a late model.
    Other thoughts welcome.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Thanks Larry. It is a real shame those holes. Not sure I will be able to look past them. Just knowing they are there is one of those things that will bug me!

?

Your thinking out loud is not so bad!
    The price is way to high, a known sponsor here has a few in de 2K range without the holes, they would surely annoy me in time.
    I most say this would not be one for me.
    The holes have a serious effect on its value, imo its now more like 50% of a normal one.
    besides that its a bit strange that it misses the typical lines on the scabbard fittings.
    The blades seems to have no crossgrain at all, not a good sign either.
    I would say that there are plenty out there without the issues this one has for a way better price.

Ger

Quote by gerrit View Post
    Your thinking out loud is not so bad!
    The price is way to high, a known sponsor here has a few in de 2K range without the holes, they would surely annoy me in time.
    I most say this would not be one for me.
    The holes have a serious effect on its value, imo its now more like 50% of a normal one.
    besides that its a bit strange that it misses the typical lines on the scabbard fittings.
    The blades seems to have no crossgrain at all, not a good sign either.
    I would say that there are plenty out there without the issues this one has for a way better price.

Ger
    +1

I completely agree with Ger. The drilled holes are a major devaluing feature. A dealer should understand that, many potential buyers would be put off.

?

Thanks guys my thghts as well. Appreciate your comments a lot cheers

Look elsewhere ..... that drilled hole will bug you forever.