Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Looking for Information about Damast Bladesmiths - Imperial & 3R Era

Article about: I'm getting interested in Damast bladed pieces and I occasionally comes across specific Damascus Bladesmiths named mostly by T. Wittman either in his books or in his YT videos. I have starte

?

Default Looking for Information about Damast Bladesmiths - Imperial & 3R Era

I'm getting interested in Damast bladed pieces and I occasionally comes across specific Damascus Bladesmiths named mostly by T. Wittman either in his books or in his YT videos. I have started a small list:

FO - Friedrich Ohlinger - Imperial Dirks, worked for WKC
    P+D - Paul Dinger, Paul Dinger Schwertschmied, Paul Dinger Damascheneid

Is there a comprehensive list of Damascus Bladesmiths published somewhere?

If not, can someone add to this list and site their source of information?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Looking for Information about Damast Bladesmiths - Imperial & 3R Era
    P
    Many

Paul Müller - produced the city of Solingen damast sword for Hitler that hung on a wall at the Berchtesgaden. He produced many different blades during the 3rd Reich era including SS damast honor swords. Johnson reference works has more info.

Carl Wester is another damast blade smith of the era.

There was a relatively small population of producers, most worked for the master smithys such as Dinger and Mülller as most did not reach master smithy status. There are honor daggers that were produced, such as the Huhnlein NSKK high leader daggers that were marked damast and with a number only and the blade had the Eickhorn trade mark in gold on the obverse side and w/out the individual producers name. I think this was typical of in house production as well.

There is yet a lot of obscurity that remains as so many records with info was lost as the allies bombed Solingen as early as 1943. Fires destroyed the documents at blade producers head quarters.

?

Wilms was a Solinger Family that were known for their high quality blades and etch work, they produced beautiful damast blades in the 19th century.
    They stopped during the imperial era, my best guess no blades after 1900

Ger

?

Besides the two listed in my original post, are there any other blade markings having bladesmith initials stamped on them I could add to my list?

Paul Müller, tang marked with PM. Also the P may be tall leaning right with the M under the right facing P loop.

?

I read last night in TW's book on naval dirks that there was a Carl Wester damast-smith and a tang was shown marked Echter Damascener CE.