MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Near Perfect Edged Weapon Reproductions

Article about: Yeah, Mercator as a brand is legit. Somebody just ruined a knife sticking those pooh fake TR markings on there. The brand has exsisted since the late 1800s. Its believed, that these were for

?

The handle components look absolutely terrible. Totally different construction than genuine examples.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Near Perfect Edged Weapon Reproductions
    P
    Many

You are correct - a really BAD fake. $20 is about
    the right price for these.........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Some members would like to see or read about why an item is "Shot Down" Here are a few of my observations.. First the button or piece ( Round ) on the handle does not conform to even the slightest of known examples.. The handle lacks wood grain value.. The blade taper is way off IMO.. We will let others chime in G

?

Thank you all for the lightning fast replies. Im from holland and these items seem to be not so popular here for obvious reasons, so its hard to find any good pieces.

I already thought it was a fake. Thank you all for confirming this.

Moved to the SA forum reluctantly...but will be copied and placed also in the "Near Perfect Edged Weapon Reproductions " thread . Thank you Rogal..for your contribution..although this is a current repro..the dagger itself ...all of which each fitting including the grip eagle and runes button..crossguards, wood simulated grip,..the never existed felt buffer,,I would say Walkwolf priced it accordingly. Even the Repro daggers are a great study for the novice collector. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Default Near Perfect Edged Weapon Reproductions

Hello collectors
    What do you say about this dagger, it seems to be a good reproduction, but I never held dagger like this in my hands, so it's hard to say anything more.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Near Perfect Edged Weapon Reproductions   Near Perfect Edged Weapon Reproductions  

Near Perfect Edged Weapon Reproductions   Near Perfect Edged Weapon Reproductions  

Near Perfect Edged Weapon Reproductions   Near Perfect Edged Weapon Reproductions  

It is a known reproduction. There are several give-aways. I will not say more, we are not here to assist the fraudsters.

?

a nice looking repro, but no more then that.
    Its missing quite a few details that Original have.

Regards,
    Ger

"Quite a few"......that pretty much sums it up! lol
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Default Near Perfect Edged Weapon Reproductions

Hello. I need help to establish the originality of this dagger. thank you in advanceAttachment 1491906Attachment 1491907Attachment 1491908Attachment 1491909Attachment 1491910
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Near Perfect Edged Weapon Reproductions   Near Perfect Edged Weapon Reproductions  

Near Perfect Edged Weapon Reproductions  

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast