Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

puma fighting knife

Article about: Hi friends, I have a question for you, I listen to one discussion where people talk about this knife from World War II. my opinion is that the knife is not original, it seems too new to me a

?

Hello,
    The knife is good ( straight blade and Bakelite handle with notch under guard, sand-colored prestoff).
    The death is not original but consistent with German ww2.
    Kind regards

puma fighting knife
    puma fighting knife

Sory, i can’t put the photo in the place.

Phil.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement puma fighting knife
    P
    Many

?

Here is mine:

Puma Fighting Knife
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Their is a dealer at the Forks of the Delaware show is PA that has had one in the condition that the OP posted. Not sure if it sold but was at a few of the shows so he had it awhile. If I recall correctly the asking price was $850. Best example I have seen but too pricey for me.

Hello guys,

That mint puma knife in this thread is already mine. I bought it from Wittman wwiidagger. The knife is in mint condition and is definately original ww2 piece. The sccabard is in near mint condition and also is original ww2 period piece (the same scabbard i have on my infanteriermesser). I am interested in these puma knives and i am just working on research about these puma knives. From all informations what i found on the internet and on other forums and from other collectors, I can say there were six different puma knife versions with red bakelit grips:

Version 1: with marking „Puma solingen“ and with thin crossguard

Version 2: with marking „Puma solingen“ and with thick crossguard

Version 3: with maker LOGO Puma and marking „Fabrik marke Puma solingen“ with thick crossguard

Version 4: with marking „La gusstahl Puma solingen“ and with thin crossguard

Version 5: with marking „La gusstahl Puma solingen“ and with thick crossguard

Version 6: without any marking and thin crossguard

Why is there the difference in thickness crossguards I dont know yet, but probably because of the earlier and later version. Also I dont know yet what marking was the first and what last. If the first marking was knife with logo Puma and „Fabrik marke Puma solingen“, then marking „La gusstahl Puma solingen“ and later only marking „Puma solingen“? Dont know yet, but my research still continue.

And to the scabbards. Until these days I have seen in my hands or on the internet more than 50 puma knives (maybe more) and I can say the most common scabbard for this puma knife is the one with the simplified single catch. I can say in 90% cases. I also saw some puma knives with the scabbard where the end of the single catch was rolled outwards (like on my scabbardin this thread) or where the end of the single catch was rolled inwards (like on the photo posted here by Anderson). I think these two type scabbards with rolled end are earlier version and probably were mostly issued with infanteriermessers and some of these were later mixed/put togheter to these puma knives. It was usual that sometimes the scabbards were mixed among different german boot knives, cause they were almost the same sizes (lenght, width etc.)

This is the short info about puma knives and their scabbards. Later when I have time i will make new thread with more informations and photos as the proof of my statements.

Hope this help for this moment

Jiri 😉

?

Hello,
    in my opinion, the best in boot knives, with muti-service knife.
    very appreciated by the waffen ss.
    Cordialy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2