Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Rad dagger without a makers mark

Article about: Greetings.. Well, another dagger been offered to me for sale. No scabbard with this one... Has anybody come across any of these daggers without a makers mark? Last RAD I saw and passed on ha

Default Rad dagger without a makers mark

Greetings..

Well, another dagger been offered to me for sale. No scabbard with this one...

Has anybody come across any of these daggers without a makers mark? Last RAD I saw and passed on had a makers mark, but not a triangle acceptance mark.

This one looks iffy to me... especially the stag grips. The screws are very close together and looks like somebody used some type of countersink tool for the screws(Having the tang exposed would help). One side of the stag grips appear thicker than the other side. Maybe a postwar replacement? Or Maybe a vet replaced after the war. The guard looks a little off too... asking $200

I think I already know the consensus on this one... either a repo or post war?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rad dagger without a makers mark   Rad dagger without a makers mark  

Rad dagger without a makers mark   Rad dagger without a makers mark  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Rad dagger without a makers mark
    P
    Many

?

A strange one for sure, even the 'Arbeit adelt' is on the wrong side of the blade...
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

?

Quote by Gwar View Post
    A strange one for sure, even the 'Arbeit adelt' is on the wrong side of the blade...
    A very strange one agreed. In addition to the Motto being on the wrong side, and missing a maker mark. In pic 4 the front screw is located too far back, and the stag looks scrubbed in that area. Perhaps a parts hewer with some repairs and put back together oddly.

Thanks to all... I agree with you both. I just wanted to be sure I wasn’t over thinking it. I didn’t even catch the motto being on the wrong side! I just wonder if it’s a repro or a real jacked up late war or post war dagger.

Rohm RAD ?

The dealers will love it.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hahha yaaaa

Not a type I usually follow, but those stag horn grips are a shocker and got to be recent.

I believe you’re right about the grips... I’m sure the tang has at least one extra hole in it.

?

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Rohm RAD ?

The dealers will love it.
    Hahahaha, they will surely make up a perfect explanation and charge double

Ger