Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

RAD Hewer - opinions please-

Article about: Hello All, I have this RAD Hewer and I would like to know why this model (blade) is different then all the other hewer's? I haven't seen this blade on a hewer before, can any help me with th

?

everyone is entitled to make up his own opinion.
    I know for sure that Krebs made an early and a later one being different in material but not in shape or appearance.
    i owned both.
    Why abandon this Fat model while having an early production that is like all the rest?
    Why use a different style Logo which is stamped on 1 side (all other Krebs are etched) en put the RAD triangle on the other?
    No other producer did this.

if someone is happy with this model well be my guest.. i only say its not 1 for me.

Ger
    Last edited by gerrit; 05-17-2021 at 07:31 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement RAD Hewer - opinions please-
    P
    Many

Quote by gerrit View Post
    Why abandon this Fat model while having an early production that is like all the rest?
    I would only guess that it may have been an artists newer blade style resembling a Scimitar as we see in the commonly seen RAD hewers ...as the Fatman resembles more of a Butchers knife.

We also see changes in mottos and notably a huge change in style from the Original long Luftwaffe DLV to the shorter sporty type and to the 1st Model Luftwaffe to the aesthetically appealing 2nd model Luftwaffe dagger.

There may have been a small run of these fat man hewers as well as short runs of other early dagger types.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

i'm with Ger, those were made in 70s
    The earliest RADs were made by Eickhorn with full stag grip

This is an interesting topic. I'll throw in my 2 RM, the "Fatman" variation was covered in my 1971 edition of "Daggers. bayonets and fighting knives of Hitler's Germany" by Angolia. A scanned copy of a page of the book is attached. So the reproduction were made just when? The 1960's to early 70's?
    Was the type even genuine when Angolia covered it? Is the example shown in the book a fake?

RAD Hewer - opinions please-

?

Some 3 years ago suddenly a couple of Pack RAD hewers came up for sale, some on auctions other by dealers at shows.
    These hewers bear a E.P & S logo we see on SA daggers, the Motto style is not one used by Pack.
    Pack had its own Motto style and never used for example the Alcoso font style, neither they used this SA E.P & S. logo.
    I bet in 25 years these overworked pieces made of stock and new parts will turn into a minty original.....

Ger

Anderson thx for throwing in your Reichsmarks
    We all know books have their own expiring date not all thats been printed is worth the paper its on... but you throw in some good questions!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2