Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

RAD Leader's Hewer thoughts?

Article about: I have this RAD dagger and I want to get some thoughts on it. Im not too sure what to look for in these things as they are a bit more rare and my knowledge on them isn't a lot. Let me know w

Default RAD Leader's Hewer thoughts?

I have this RAD dagger and I want to get some thoughts on it.
    Im not too sure what to look for in these things as they are a bit more rare and my knowledge on them isn't a lot.
    Let me know what you guys think!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RAD Leader's Hewer thoughts?   RAD Leader's Hewer thoughts?  

RAD Leader's Hewer thoughts?   RAD Leader's Hewer thoughts?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement RAD Leader's Hewer thoughts?
    P
    Many

?

Looks a bit rough compared to others..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RAD Leader's Hewer thoughts?   RAD Leader's Hewer thoughts?  

RAD Leader's Hewer thoughts?   RAD Leader's Hewer thoughts?  

RAD Leader's Hewer thoughts?  
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

The detail on the swastika etc looks a little "vague" to me compared with the one in post #2.

?

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    The detail on the swastika etc looks a little "vague" to me compared with the one in post #2.
    I may be cynical, but I also noticed the Eichorn logo looks off, almost like someone put a chemical on to mask something, so it may be just a heavily worn / played with original or ? I will leave it at that and for Larry and Ger to weigh in, to be clear these are only my opinions.
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

That's a shocker of a "Eickhorn" trademark etching. Not really my area of interest but the whole hewer seems to lack the quality of finish we would expect from Eickhorn.

I know it was a vet bring back and it's been in a storage facility for quite a while. The 2 main things with it is that the RAD shovel actually broke in half and was put back on which is why there's a crack on it, but the top part of the hewer's hangar is broken off.

I think the RAD Leader dagger is period but the logo & motto suffer from having been vigorously cleaned/polished.

I thought it was a little damaged if not even real. I'm wanting to sell it but I wanted to make sure it was legit to charge a decent price for it. I might post in the classifieds to see if anyone wants it there.

Another question I had actually was the screw holes missing from the top of the dagger's sheath. There are no screws nor holes and just about every other hewer I've looked at has them. Is this a potential repro?

No screws, or holes for screws at the scabbard throat would be a worry. They should be present to hold the blade guides. The photos you posted are not that great and partly in shadow, if you re-photographed the hewer, with a few more angles and close ups you might get a few more comments.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast