MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Red cross leader dagger original?

Article about: Hello, I´m offered this red cross leader dagger but I have no experience to judge if it is an original one or a fake. Could anyone please help? Thank you in advance.

?

Default Red cross leader dagger original?

Hello,

I´m offered this red cross leader dagger but I have no experience to judge if it is an original one or a fake.
    Could anyone please help?
    Thank you in advance.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Red cross leader dagger original?
    P
    Many

?

Looks original to me but I can't enlarge the photos very well. Can't tell if there is cross grain left. Dagger may have been cleaned but other then that looks like nice original to me. But I'm not an expert. Wait for their opinion.

Tim

?

from pictures it looks period , nice.
    Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

?

It looks like the balde is cleaned. What would be a value for it?

?

I am going to disagree with the others on this one, I see issues. The eagle is a PDL style but from the picture I do not like it. The way the left side foot joins the body it is off centre and doesn't join right were the notch is. I also do not like the way the legs are formed they don't have the sharpness you see on PDL up near where it joins the body. Also looks like it is missing the notch near the beak. On top of that take the fact that the lines are both crooked and not evenly spaced through the length. I would like to see better pictures of it and I might change my mind but right now it is looking like a relatively newer PDL fake that I am linking that was found on a EM.
    Last edited by M.E.E.; 12-23-2022 at 07:48 PM. Reason: spelling

?

You may be correct. It definitely doesn't look as crisp as mine. I have attached photos of mine. I can't tell if it's wear or how it was cast. Better photos would be needed. But looking at it again I do agree it lacks sharpness and detail.

Tim
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Red cross leader dagger original?   Red cross leader dagger original?  

?

Quote by Tim030 View Post
    You may be correct. It definitely doesn't look as crisp as mine. I have attached photos of mine. I can't tell if it's wear or how it was cast. Better photos would be needed. But looking at it again I do agree it lacks sharpness and detail.

Tim
    There are other features on the OP's that are different than the PDL including the way the cross and the swastika are modelled, once again it might be camera angles but to be honest, I don't think it will change much. I should also mention that you never see the legs attached to the feet as clear on Klaas ones, this is why I keep saying PDL.

?

Yes very nice eye. Also thanks for the info. I learn all the time on this forum.

Thanks tim

I do not like the details of the OP posted item. I agree with Tim and M.E.E.
    I would not want it as a collector item.
    John

?

Quote by M.E.E. View Post
    I am going to disagree with the others on this one, I see issues. The eagle is a PDL style but from the picture I do not like it. The way the left side foot joins the body it is off centre and doesn't join right were the notch is. I also do not like the way the legs are formed they don't have the sharpness you see on PDL up near where it joins the body. Also looks like it is missing the notch near the beak. On top of that take the fact that the lines are both crooked and not evenly spaced through the length. I would like to see better pictures of it and I might change my mind but right now it is looking like a relatively newer PDL fake that I am linking that was found on a EM.
    +1
    I totally agree!
    The eagle isnt correct, also the grip isnt made of the proper material, also the headscrew isnt correct.

M.E.E. knows his Red Cross daggers

Ger