Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Ridiculous ebay rules! OMG!!!

Article about: Hi, I just tried to place a bid on ebay for a Heer dagger Pommel (note just a POMMEL!) I am in the UK and the pommel is in the USA when I placed a bid I was prompted to confirm my maximum bi

Default Ridiculous ebay rules! OMG!!!

Hi, I just tried to place a bid on ebay for a Heer dagger Pommel (note just a POMMEL!) I am in the UK and the pommel is in the USA when I placed a bid I was prompted to confirm my maximum bid as usual and this message popped up:

"Dear Buyer
    To prevent the circumvention of the eBay.co.uk and eBay.ie Weapon and Knives policy, it is not possible for you to bid on, or buy this item.
    Thank you for your understanding.
    eBay Trust & Safety"

How bloody stupid is that! I am obviously going to try to stab some poor sod to death with this incredibly sharp and dangerous POMMEL!!!! AAARRRGHHHHHHH: mad:
    Cheers, Andy.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ridiculous ebay rules! OMG!!!
    P
    Many

It's probably the fact that it's a dagger pommel, and is listed as such. If the seller had listed it as an 'ornament' or something similar, with no mention of the word 'knife' or 'dagger', it would have gotten through just fine.

eBay's rules have always been enforced in a rather schizophrenic manner. Gas masks containing asbestos and items bearing the Nazi swastika are supposed to be banned, and yet I've bought plenty of both. It seems to be pot luck when it comes to which listings get taken down and which ones don't.

Never mind, though. The way this country is going, they'll ban plastic cutlery soon enough.

B.B.

We are where we are....BUT there’s probably the biggest gathering of US-based TR collectors right here in this forum.....I’m sure one of them could help you out

....after all, what are such places for....

Good luck

Did this happen when you had logged into EBay UK? Have you tried logging into EBay.com and make a bid ?

Perhaps find a proxy in a neighboring country? NH

?

Andy i placed a bid on that one for you.
    Tell me how high you wanne go

Ger

Its a weapon of Mass destruction according to ebay rules....this pommel can be used with a slingshot and seriously hurt a non collector bystander. Worse yet ..if it hits a liberal ..then the hobby is lost.

I could not help myself..because such stupid rules exist.
    Could you imagine if you bid on just a scabbard carrying ring? ...Whoa ..the world comes to an end
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

eBay bans a lot of ammunition pouches as they consider them 'assault weapon parts'. Again, the censors are fickle, and often items are only caught if flagged. The company is based in the People's Republic of California...so that explains a lot

?

For me its a sport to beat the "remove routine" of Ebay.
    In Germany for example the term "Hirschfänger" will result in most of the cases in a removal time of 4 to 6 hours.
    I Always try to beat the routines (they search for keywords and tags), and in many cases i won!

The Otto Jung Forestry legacy is one of the examples in which i have beaten the machine
    So getting angry or going in dispute with the ebay removal teams will not bring you anything.
    Dont fight it, i tried it, and believe me, no result!
    Just beat the odds

I also have a few dear friends in different countries who are always willing to bid or buy stuff for me that is country restricted, i highly value my overseas friends in this!
    I do the same for them when needed.
    I would advice to find a few good collector friends and build up a reliable relation, it can bring you lifetime friends and they can help you out when needed!

Cheers
    Ger

?

Quote by gerrit View Post

I also have a few dear friends in different countries who are always willing to bid or buy stuff for me that is country restricted, i highly value my overseas friends in this!
    I do the same for them when needed.
    I would advice to find a few good collector friends and build up a reliable relation, it can bring you lifetime friends and they can help you out when needed!

Cheers
    Ger
    I do the same, and have bought for them on several occasions as well

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast