Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

RLB Dagger Verification

Article about: Hey gang.. Picked up an NLB 2nd Generation dagger at the MAX show. As usual I'm inquisitive on it's authenticity. No magnetic areas except the blade. A bit of pitting on the blade.. (sigh) I

?

Default RLB Dagger Verification

Hey gang.. Picked up an NLB 2nd Generation dagger at the MAX show. As usual I'm inquisitive on it's authenticity. No magnetic areas except the blade. A bit of pitting on the blade.. (sigh) I've looked at it closely Its very hard to see any cross grain on it. I've looked very closely. Sorry about the quality of the photos.. I just took them quickly. This is the same one Larry I had shown you..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RLB Dagger Verification   RLB Dagger Verification  

RLB Dagger Verification   RLB Dagger Verification  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement RLB Dagger Verification
    P
    Many

Hi Matthew ...glad you made it to the show and sorry we missed you. Its always a great experience going to these shows...being like an Eternal Spring leaving the world behind a few days walking among alot of history. Its been fun.

You did well on the dagger from what I can see. The blade showing some issues of condition but still correct and from the photos what Im now seeing unless I can be proven wrong ...I see a scabbard repaint...because there are some bumps that look like its been painted over....but I hope Im wrong.

Its Still a 2nd Model RLB. The history is there because all of the dagger is there.

Maybe next year you can try again to go to the show.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Larry I do agree I think the scabbard has been repainted. I see the little dents and the paint is not scratched. Oh well... lol

Definitely a period Hörster 2nd model with nice dull toning on the crossguard. The emblem looks to have a good amount of original silver wash too. The missing leather hanger is a bummer as they’re near impossible to source. Nice pickup all the same.

Good spot Larry … Defo a repainted Scabbard, other than that nice looking dagger and a more uncommon manufacturer of this dagger.

With a blade as badly pitted as that is, you normally would expect a rusty scabbard as well. I'm sure it had one before it was repainted.