Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Trench knife marking

Article about: Hello all, Can somebody tell me what the meaning is of this stamp? I don’t know about these trench knives and their markings. The other pics the seller sent me are terribly blurry and not

Good point Fred about the pins, if in fact they are brass. The one picture does seem to suggest no raised head to the rivets. So really need a close image of the grip. But if no further available, with the price asked, probably worth taking a chance of post war repairs.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Trench knife marking
    P
    Many

Another update... seller now says it has been sharpened... think I’m gonna pass on this one. I agree, clear pics would’ve helped.

Thanks to everyone who commented. Always appreciate the info and knowledge from this forum!

Quote by Sleepwalker View Post
    Hi

there was never an air force office.

These acceptance marks belongs to the BAL = Bauaufsicht des Reichsluftfahrtsministerium (Construction Supervision of the Reich Aviation Ministry).

All types of stamps are specified in their regulations. The stamp on the knife stands for the arms approval of this authority.
    Great Stuff Sleepwalker ...would you be able to provide a list of those waffenamt numbers and I will pin it in the Luftwaffe and Heer dagger forums giving you the credit?

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Quote by 26Intrepid View Post
    Another update... seller now says it has been sharpened... think I’m gonna pass on this one. I agree, clear pics would’ve helped.

Thanks to everyone who commented. Always appreciate the info and knowledge from this forum!
    What can you expect for 60 usd?
    Good conditioned ones are in a different price range.

Ger

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2