Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Unusual RAD Officers Hewer

Article about: This is being sold on Whittmans, I really don't care for it one bit, I had a friend that sent me a few pics of an identical dagger less the sharpening from the U.K., any comments are welcome

?

Sorry Anderson, I can't remember anything that far back up the line. And Yes, I guess he can do anything. I did not know he was a Mod. At least knowing that is a big relief. Apologies all around, Like I said, I am new here.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unusual RAD Officers Hewer
    P
    Many

I edited your post SAMann ..all the wording is there..I just opened it up for better clarity in reading. Myself and others tend to get lost sometimes after getting into a large solid block of type and lose the plot. Its all good.

Yes I am a Moderator you will see that beneath my name
    and I can do alot also behind the scenes.

Carry on with this topic

Regards Larry ( Mod )
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Hi Larry, Nice to meet you. Like I said, I kind of figured that that was your intent for the editing. And I thank you for it

?

Good Morning Gentlemen,

After digging around in my junk pile for a couple of hours I managed to find only 1 fake scale for the "Czech" HJ Leader Hewer. It came off of a 1980's fake RAD "Presentation" Enlisted Hewer that was Gold plated and well made , but Hideous. That one may have well been one of Jim Atwoods Babies! Kind of looked like one of those Gold Plated AK-47's that they keep confiscating from the Cartel members.

Anyway, the scale is made from a hard phenolic, imitation Ivory. I could not find an HJ "shield" pin in any of my junk to inlay. I guess I will leave it to one of the more informed Badge and Pin guys on here to go into the history of one of those if anyone would care to contribute. I did not drill or modify a good blade, or any other parts, just for the demonstration purposes of this thread and just dry fit them for the appearance.

And here it is:

Unusual RAD Officers Hewer

I think that, through the course of this thread, I have demonstrated how easily a "Rare Variant" of one of the Edged Weapons we enjoy can come into existence. I have also tried to show how, even with years of experience, and the best intentions, even an acknowledged Expert in the field can be duped. The sum of $2000 is NOT chump change and the incentive is there , guys!

Once something like this "thing" hits the site of a well known and trusted Dealer it takes no time at all for them to start coming out of the woodwork and another "Rare Star" is born. The claims of "This is not the only one!!" will be proclaimed and the community will have more than one "star" to examine, compare, and debate as to which one is the correct "Original" one.

Stories will be told, and books will be added to or written with it included. Thus reinforcing the items "Authenticity". The New, and maybe even not so new, collectors will have both "The Original" and the "Obvious Fakes" will be out there due to the varying skills of the Fakers.

SAmann

?

I would like to Thank You all for the opportunity to share my limited knowledge of all this. I am new to this forum and I know that most of you probably don't know me. I am a long time collector of WWII German Memorabilia, mainly Daggers and swords, a published Author, not in this field, and also a Hobby knife maker. I will try to make my membership here have some value to all of you, if you like what I have contributed to this point, let me know with a quick PM or Email.

I want to assure all that the example I have put together for demonstration will NEVER be completed or sold for anything other than what it is, a collection of random parts taken from over 40 years of collected Original and Repro components. I am getting Older at this stage, 70+ years, and currently in the process of thinking of the best way to liquidate all I have as it gets closer to the time to pass it on.

I will eagerly continue to watch this thread and maybe post additional if needed and desired by you. Now I think I will go post for comments a relic M-40 SS helmet sent to me by a buddy in Russia.

Excelsior! SAmann

Well Wittman still has that suspect Rad Dagger for Sale …. Not one I’d like to take a chance on, try selling it on in a few years time!

?

Don't worry, Stevade, We will still be here to state the truth when they do!

SA Mann

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3