Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

? WW1 or WW2 German trench knife?

Article about: Not sure if this is a WW1 or WW2 trench or boot knife. The maker is Gottlier Hammesfarh Solingen Foche and the other side has what looks like a D over a small crown. There are no other marki

Default ? WW1 or WW2 German trench knife?

Not sure if this is a WW1 or WW2 trench or boot knife. The maker is Gottlier Hammesfarh Solingen Foche and the other side has what looks like a D over a small crown. There are no other markings other than the popper is marked TTK. Is this definitely WW1 or WW2 or could it be either. And I should also ask is it considered original?

many thanks, Dave
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ? WW1 or WW2 German trench knife?   ? WW1 or WW2 German trench knife?  

? WW1 or WW2 German trench knife?   ? WW1 or WW2 German trench knife?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ? WW1 or WW2 German trench knife?
    P
    Many

?

May I suggest you take a look at this thread and it will answer your question as far a authenticity

WW1 German Trench Knife

Semper Fi
    Phil

WW II generally had clips on the sheaths.
    WW I and pre war generally had straps.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

oh dear, good job it only cost £30! many thanks

Dave

This is a joke?
    The knife is a well know fake

no its not a joke and it may be a well known fake to you pal but not to me. Others have been kind enough to point that out to me. Thank you for your contribution though

100% fake, all is bad, the knife and the sheat
    I have two original Gottlieb knives in my collection
    Only compare the markings

?

Yes that was pointed out in the link I posted. The OP Dave is not the only person to buy one of these. There are several post on this site of folks who bought the well aged fakes and were deceived by the appearance. That is what this site is about. Teaching others to spot the fakes and learn from it The easy way to tell is the direction of the grooves on the handle.

Semper Fi
    Phil

The markings of the original knives are more detailed and located closer to the crossguard, the wood quality, the blade finish...

Hammesfahr used a myriad of logo types and curious would the one posted be one of the many ?
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast