Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Birmingham International Arms Fair (UK)

Article about: Anyone going? Being held at the National Motorcycle Musuem just off the M42 on Sunday June 14th 2009. I will be going. Cheers, Ade.

Default Re: Birmingham International Arms Fair (UK)

Quote by Reg View Post
    Hi Guys

One thing about Birmingham is that its good to arrive early to get a decent parking space, I had to get my hairdresser van towed off in the spring one as I had to park in a field. Must try the Liverpool area one sometime.

Cheers
    Reg
    Hi Reg
    Liverpool is ok, if you want to choose between Leeds & Liverpool, choose Leeds! I will update you on how "good" Liverpool turns out on Sunday! Hopefully getting there early will bag some goodies
    Dan

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Birmingham International Arms Fair (UK)
    P
    Many

Quote by bikerboyzx6r View Post
    Hi Reg
    Liverpool is ok, if you want to choose between Leeds & Liverpool, choose Leeds! I will update you on how "good" Liverpool turns out on Sunday! Hopefully getting there early will bag some goodies
    Dan

Dan, its sunday week the 6th Dec

yeh Leeds is! Dont confuse me.....
    Liverpool is 29th! I hope

Dan

Right.... Liverpool Arms Fair.... absolutely garbage for guns today! It was mostly antique rifles and shotguns, and a few revolvers! I was disappointed as soon as I walked in there!

After walking around in circles for over an hour, I noticed a Lee Enfield No4. It was marked up at £220... which is a good price I think. I had a little play with it, then walked away, then went back and forth several times. I offered the stall holder £200 and he accepted!

Then I went to admire a lovely Bren Mk1 dated 1943 and deactivated in 2004. The stall holder had only bought it this morning. He wanted £300 for it. I had a little play with it, and just fell in love with it (I've never held a Bren before) I only had £265 left on me, and after a few negotiations, I managed to get the guy down to £280. So one of the boys borrowed me £15, and now I'm a proud owner on a Bren Mk1

Sorry about the picture quality, my digi camera is broke!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Birmingham International Arms Fair (UK)  

Hi Lee, well you have a good day regardless

You have now started on the slippery slope

Pete did a superb thread on the Bren gun this week, take a look if you have not already seen it. See here:

Bren Gun

Who is the maker of the No.4 .303?

Cheers, Ade.

Woody i think i sat on the table you were at did one of your mates have a beard?

Quote by 85ronnies View Post
    Woody i think i sat on the table you were at did one of your mates have a beard?
    Hi Ronnie,

I think I may have been sat with Ken (the old guy) He's our mate from Yorkshire. He does lots of aircraft digs. I was the one in the baseball cap looking a bit worse for wear! I was rough as a badgers jaxi.... family party the night before!

You should of said hello mate!

hi im a newbie any idea if there will be a show in brum this year?

?

Quote by sniper74 View Post
    hi im a newbie any idea if there will be a show in brum this year?
    yes, TODAY, do not know when the next one is on there is one though as walsall next month i think as well

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7