Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Ciney fair reviews?

Article about: Hi collectors. I am planing to visit the Ciney fair in Belgium in october for the first time. I would like to hear about any good and bad experiences,do'es and don'ts. I also read once that

?

Now at these prices I don't know how much money I should carry.
    A dagger or helmet alone can cost 10k.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ciney fair reviews?
    P
    Many

Yeah thats a challenge indeed, there are people carrying quite some cash there. You can draw money there, 2 tellers available.
    Otherwise try PayPal like you suggested, maybe other members here have suggestions..

Lightbulb

Cash is absolutely still King at militaria fairs -for many reasons. The exceptions are registered dealers of new books and models etc who are happy to accept Paypal,cashcards etc. But cash in your hand is the best bargaining tool for used items.

Also don't forget the second, smaller hall up the hill, even with the bad light inside you might be able to find something interesting.

The rows are numbered, so when I'm looking for something relatively common and I expect to find multiple examples I usually write down the row number and price, so I can easily go back to the best offer unless I find a real steal. This has saved me quite some money and yes, having cash money is always best. Try to be discrete where you keep your cash and how much you have though, many times I have seen people carelessly get out big wads of €50 bills and where they keep it. With some care you'll be just fine though.

The big hall is a cattle market with lots of open doors, so the temperature inside is equal to that outside... dress accordingly.

Now at ciney fair

Ciney fair reviews?

Crazy amount off stands.

Problem is offcourse to see and decide on the spot if something is fake or real.

A high knowledge of what you collect is highly recommended.... off course

Ciney fair reviews?

Well, we made it. First visit of this fair . And it is huge . We were there almost at opening time and stayed untill almost the end ( 16:00).

We did not see it all. It is totally impossible to see all. We were at more or less 75% off the big hall and at around 14:30 the first ones already where cleaning the tables... then still we had to go to the second hall.

The gigantic hall was freezing cold and the second smaller one was heated, therefore the second hall as last is a good idea. ( to heat up a bit before you home .

Then also, there is soooooo much that next year ( we go back ) we focus on a few items that in advance we study to make sure we buy a real one..... Because it is nice to touch and smell the items but you have to decide on the spot. And since there were many items, fake and real , that you cannot take all the books from home to find out if the item is worrh the money. That is the advantage from buying online. You can invest more relaxed if an item is real.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ciney fair reviews?  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2