Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Farnham (Surrey, UK) Militaria Fair - "suspended for the foreseeable future"

Article about: Hi, some southern UK collectors may be familiar with Farnham Militaria Fair held at a venue called "The Maltings" for many years. Once thriving with every nook and cranny filled in

?

Default Farnham (Surrey, UK) Militaria Fair - "suspended for the foreseeable future"

Hi,
    some southern UK collectors may be familiar with Farnham Militaria Fair held at a venue called "The Maltings" for many years. Once thriving with every nook and cranny filled including lower and upper levels and even outside in the courtyard, you could barely move there on occasions. Over recent years and perhaps partly due to the Lockdown (more people moving online to collect etc) it has progressively shrunk until it appears to have 'ceased to be'. The website is showing the next fair as going ahead (this Sunday 11th June), I was thinking of going but had heard some rumours and checked with the venue itself after receiving no reply from the Fair contact number, only to be told that it is "not going ahead for the foreseeable future due to low numbers".

In a nutshell, if you were thinking of going on Sunday, don't!

http://ghq.uk.com/index.php

Regards, Paul

PS - I believe the Aldershot Fair nearby has also ceased "for now" due to increasing venue costs - best to check before travelling these days!

Mark Carter Militaria and Medal Fairs

"ALDERSHOT Princes Hall, Princes Way, Aldershot, Hampshire, GU11 1NX.
    Due to a huge and unaffordable increase in the room hire no dates have been booked here yet for 2023."
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Farnham (Surrey, UK) Militaria Fair - "suspended for the foreseeable future"   Farnham (Surrey, UK) Militaria Fair - "suspended for the foreseeable future"  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Farnham (Surrey, UK) Militaria Fair - "suspended for the foreseeable future"
    P
    Many

Hi Paul, sadly since Gary Howard passed away I thought the fair would close.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

That *****. Pic looks like it is crowded. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

A picture from the glory days ,such a shame as it was such h a great venue. A lot of dealers seem to have switched to Royal Berkshire militaria fairs which seems to be on the up fortunately. Regards Paul

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Paul, sadly since Gary Howard passed away I thought the fair would close.

Cheers, Ade.
    I just saw this Adrian, very sorry to hear it confirmed. I'd heard a rumour but didn't want to repeat it unless it was definite.

?

Quote by paulscoot View Post
    A picture from the glory days ,such a shame as it was such h a great venue. A lot of dealers seem to have switched to Royal Berkshire militaria fairs which seems to be on the up fortunately. Regards Paul
    Hi Paul, I was at the Royal Berkshire Militaria Fair yesterday. I saw a lot of familiar dealers from Farnham and Aldershot so it seems to be plugging the gap left by those two Fairs. I thought the Fair was OK, a lot of de-acts, edged weapons (noted a superb RN Officers sword btw, named and with considerable history including WW2), and lots of British medals. It's not a big fair but I think it will grow and the facilities are excellent, food, drinks, and plentiful parking. I hope it does well. I'll go again.

Military Antiques Fair | Royal Berkshire Militaria Fair | England

Best regards, Paul
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Farnham (Surrey, UK) Militaria Fair - "suspended for the foreseeable future"