Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Minneapolis st. Paul military relic and collectors show, llc

Article about: I received this letter regarding the display of offensive items. I am now offended. I suppose this is going to be the trend for future shows. IMHO this nonsense has to stop. John Military sh

Default Minneapolis st. Paul military relic and collectors show, llc

I received this letter regarding the display of offensive items. I am now offended. I suppose this is going to be the trend for future shows. IMHO this nonsense has to stop.
    John

Military show Fall 2017.pdf

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Minneapolis st. Paul military relic and collectors show, llc
    P
    Many

I just returned from the show.
    I would guess that there was about 30 fewer tables than normal.
    I think in the past there would be about 250 tables. There was a notable
    absence of TR flags , badges ect. A lot of dealers were complaining however
    some were having very good sales. Most that I talked to, seemed to think that
    this is a temporary situation.

I walked out with a couple 1914 Ek2 for a descent price.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

WOW !! I had been attending about 20 shows a year in the upper Midwest, east coast. NEVER did I hear of this. This particular show I never attended. Really sickening. God help us if they try that at the Max or SOS.

not to be political or anything here, just stating a fact.

In the last year or so, the twin cities has had several protests and
    demonstrations by large groups after some unfortunate police shootings
    both in the Twin cities and elsewhere. This ban on "hateful symbols" was done
    so as to avoid any similar situations at the military show.

That's all I will say about it and please everyone, let's not turn this into a political thread.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

At the risk of getting a tad political...
    I couldn't help but take particular notice of the word 'promotes,' as if the very presence of these items is synonymous with backing the ideologies they represent. Historical or educational purposes never seem to occur to the proponents when such rules and policies crop up. They seem unable to tell the difference between a collectors' fair and a KKK rally.
    Would certainly explain the noticeable difference in table numbers. Collectors and dealers are understandably angry that they're being roped in with the likes of white supremacists and skinhead nutjobs.

B.B.

Cant stop history ..no matter what they try .... fewer tables inside the show?...not a problem ..... alot of open space within the area to accommodate transactions.

Waiting for them to ban the American flag since its offensive to many...just wait...that will be next
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Cant stop history ..no matter what they try .... fewer tables inside the show?...not a problem ..... alot of open space within the area to accommodate transactions.

Waiting for them to ban the American flag since its offensive to many...just wait...that will be next
    Larry...that' here. Legal to burn one these days. I remember it was taboo "Unholy" to have the flag even touch the ground.

?

I simply stayed home from this show. "A Stupid is as Stupid Does Jenny". I went hunting instead. I am sure someday they will find a way to stop me from hunting with my bow & arrow too. Until then I will collect, enjoy history and make venison sausage with my family.

Minneapolis st. Paul military relic and collectors show, llc
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Well if this is a "business decision" as suggested I feel it is probably not a very astute one and likely a "Harbinger of doom" for that particular show.

I will refrain from political comment save to say that this is clearly (and erroneously) politically motivated.

By the twisted logic displayed in this case should not the peoples of Europe (and further afield) not consider the symbols of imperial Rome the same way? There was a shining example of conquer and enslavement with much looting and murder.

We in Britain might have particular cause to beat up the Italians for the actions of the Ninth Legion, but we don't because that would be idiotic right?

Very sad!

Anyone who tries to edit history is a moron, it is essential to human learning. Glorification of evil is of course to be condemned but are any of us guilty of that?

It is worth heeding as a maxim the premise that "he who fails to recall the mistakes of history is condemned to repeat them".

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

To use an old military expression F.U.B.A.R.!..