Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Riverboat, PBR, RivDiv 515 & 535, 458 Sea Tigers, reunion in North Carolina Sept 2015

Article about: Riverboat, PBR, RivDiv 515 & 535, 458 Sea Tigers, reunion in North Carolina Sept 2015 Im posting this for my brother, you can contact him if there are any river rats on this forum. My na

Default Riverboat, PBR, RivDiv 515 & 535, 458 Sea Tigers, reunion in North Carolina Sept 2015

Riverboat, PBR, RivDiv 515 & 535, 458 Sea Tigers, reunion in North Carolina Sept 2015

Im posting this for my brother, you can contact him if there are any river rats on this forum.

My name is Dennis A. Ambruso, I am a member of the Mid Atlantic Chapter of Gamewardens Association and Riverine's, here in Virginia Beach, and I'm the owner of the restored ex-US.Navy's PBR 721 (patrol boat river) that you might have seen at the Little Creek Naval Amphibious base from time to time, PBR721 !

I would like to tell you about a project I have been working on since last September that I believe is going to be somewhere in the spectacular range when it comes to fruition this coming September, 2015 over at the Crown Plaza Hotel in Hampton, VA. http://www.hamptonmarinahotel.com/

I'm working on having a joint Army-Navy PBR Vietnam veterans sailors reunion ( the first ever ) in conjunction with the Army's 458th Transportation Co. (PBR's) Vietnam (458th Sea Tigers) and the US. Navy's 515 River Division, with elements of the US. Navy's 535 River Division included , which I believe should be one hell of a rock fight !

Although this is way early in the planning stages, I believe my many US. Navy Riverine force contacts are behind me on this event, which might even include a Memorial Riverine cruise with the two former privately owned ex-navy PBR's that will be at this event as well as a former Navy PCF-2 , the R/V Mathew Maury, should I be so lucky to have her join our flotilla !

I guess my question is, do you think the Navywould see any merit in covering an event like this for the Navy Expeditionary Combat Command, or the Army Times, Navy Times publications, or any other military publication would have an interest ?

I have a basic itinerary of this reunion in planning , as well as some pics of some of the events in which i have been part of with my boat !
    Looking forward to hearing your opinion on this !

Regards,
    Dennis Ambruso
    PBR721
    203-334-3041

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Riverboat, PBR, RivDiv 515 & 535, 458 Sea Tigers, reunion in North Carolina Sept 2015
    P
    Many