Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

War and Peace Revival Show (UK) 2019

Article about: I guess it's about time that someone asks who's going this year.... ...and then what happens is:- 1) quite a few folk say they ARE going 2) the vast majority say they're planning to go on a

I'll be going on the Wednesday now, as a change to my previous plans. As you'll be debuting your new book (congratulations by the way!) I'm planning on dropping in and picking up a copy. Keep an eye out for the tall young man with glasses and an awful beard. That'll probably be me!

The weather is looking like it'll be fine, touch wood. Most of the rain is forecast to remain out west, so it looks like it'll be a dry show this year. Here's hoping!

B.B.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement War and Peace Revival Show (UK) 2019
    P
    Many

....I had a go at a Commemorative badge.....what do think? (you may have to tilt your head....someone might be able to help me out there...)

Martin is a long way away...he's not a midget....just for the record......

T Shirts too?

I think this will be my 12th time or so going to this event, and nearly every year there was scorching heat, dust, torrential rains and ankle-deep mud in the same week.... often within 24 hrs! So I'll bring suntan lotion and a Goretex jacket, it's all part of the W&P experience!

Okie change of plans! I'll wear my ORANGE Mr Bean T-shirt, sorry about that!

Quote by Composite View Post
    ....I had a go at a Commemorative badge.....what do think? (you may have to tilt your head....someone might be able to help me out there...)

Martin is a long way away...he's not a midget....just for the record......

T Shirts too?
    I like this design. Simple but eye-catching. Will have to remember my stovepipe hat for identification purposes, it seems!

B.B.

Thumbs up

Shouldn't the badge show the figures ( presumably collectors, not stallholders.. ) gleefully tearing up £50 notes...?

Granatwerfer & I were chatting yesterday about prospects for the show ; we're both really looking forward to a good day out next Tuesday. Like earlymb, I've experienced just about everything except snow at Beltring over the years since I first went in 1999.

....or we could all be in a feature-less sterile cavernous carpeted hall at SoS..... ;-)

- - ------- - -

...don't worry, unless it's got German words in the thread title they won't read it! :-)

Lightbulb

Ja, ja....die 'Beltring' Kriegs- und friedenswiederbelebungsshow, as old Composite might put it.....

mpw
    ?

I'll be going on the Tuesday. Stalls first then a pint of something cold at mid-day followed by a wander around the fantastic static displays. This is an event it is very hard to do all in one day.
    The badge looks great whatever it's orientation.

Mark.

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture War and Peace Revival Show (UK) 2019  

That's unfortunate that you're planning your day in that way...I hear there's a major new Pulitzer-potential :-) book being launched in Trade row "F" (27) in the early afternoon of the Tuesday (2.00-ish)...'major launch event....dry ice, dancing girls (and boys), Jean Michell Jarre laser show, Spice Girls, performing dolphins, trick motorcyclists, mock battle...........and two blokes with their new book about helmets.

I should stress that the Laser show and the Spice Girls are still subject to local authority permission and sign-off by the electricity grid providers.......oh and the dancing folk may be VERY late (and untrained).......and the motorcyclist may have to restrict their performance to another part of Kent for H&S reasons.......there WILL be a battle of sorts....somewhere in the Show grounds boundary...and the dry ice is still the subject of a Health review based on inhalation concerns.....but the dolphins are good to go!

....errr....we've just had word from the Dolphin company....apparently they were expecting there to be a body of water......can you believe that?!........selfish Cetacea!....and they were charging 8 tins of Tuna too.....I could get a very large performing cat for that!!!

...seriously, always good to put a face to a name.....

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast