Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

War and Peace Revival Show (UK) 2019

Article about: I guess it's about time that someone asks who's going this year.... ...and then what happens is:- 1) quite a few folk say they ARE going 2) the vast majority say they're planning to go on a

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement War and Peace Revival Show (UK) 2019
    P
    Many

Sorry I didn't manage to drop by and see you yesterday. There was a lot to distract me on the way there! (You know, the typical excuse!) Every time I tried to make my way there, I somehow ended up in another random stall. By the time I got close, I'd mysteriously run out of money. The happy derangement of militaria collecting at work!

It was a great day. Not unbearably hot. Got to dress up as a Hippie and sit in the cockpit of an F4 Phantom (not at the same time). Lots to see and do. It felt like a better year than the last few times I've been. The slight relocation of the entrance seems to have been a beneficial change too. A much better location between the stalls and the living history segments.

B.B.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    This is nice to hear. I see very few young collectors at work.
    Nice to hear that

Guys, did anyone see any deact Garands for sale early spec, i have been offered one for £1500 not sure what the going rate is as they are quite rare to find
    Steve.

?

I doubt You will find an early spec deact Garand for sale now if it has to have an E.U certificate.Happy to be corrected on this though.

All UK-spec deacts are now illegal to buy and sell. That won't stop some folks from trading them under the table, but you won't see any for sale at shows or online. The penalty for selling a UK-spec deact is pretty hefty, five years at Her Majesty's pleasure, I believe. So no dealer is going to risk it, especially at a show the size of W&P.

B.B.

....but Virtus helmets WERE for sale...quite openly....and cheap (ish) too.......the crazy world of militaria!

Mr Fast...it is indeed sad that you couldn't join the gang......we partied on into the night.....well, we had a chat then went our separate ways......next year!

Thanks guys, maybe Brexit might bring some better news for collectors.

?

Unlikely...
    I don’t see any ‘relaxation’ of our cockamamy gun laws being a popular vote-winner.

Besides, I don’t see brexit bringing much in the way of good news for anybody...

I agree if anything less will be coming in from outside the UK so you will most likely see prices go up on items already in the UK

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast