Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

War and Peace Revival Show (UK) 2022

Article about: in light of today's announcement....who's going in 2022?

Default War and Peace Revival Show (UK) 2022

in light of today's announcement....who's going in 2022?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement War and Peace Revival Show (UK) 2022
    P
    Many

Bugger! I was hoping against hope it would go ahead but must admit I am not totally surprised.

It goes to show that sometimes "light at the end of the tunnel" does in fact mean that there is (another) train coming

Well, here's to 2022 if we're spared

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

yep, can't say as I was surprised BUT at least they didn't take us all to the wire like last year. So now we've gotta wait to see who's still trading, who's still alive and how Brexit has impacted our overseas friends.......

Bummer.

Quote by Composite View Post
    yep, can't say as I was surprised BUT at least they didn't take us all to the wire like last year. So now we've gotta wait to see who's still trading, who's still alive and how Brexit has impacted our overseas friends.......

Bummer.
    I would be interested to know how European traders will be affected as I can't imagine how you would apply any sort of customs regulation to what in most cases is a van/lorry load of basically really old and dirty 2nd hand junk (to those not in the know ) rather than commercial goods. The same question applies to other fairs such as Malvern etc when they re-start (they will won't they? Promise me? )

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

June 6th

Well, if i import from the US to germany i have to pay 15% coustom fees... as what exactly a german helmet for example is classified though. I have no idea. If it was classified as antique it would have been only 10, so i suppose it counts as a normal helmet, like for example a motorcylce one? In general i think this will make any trades and sales from the US to Europe way more complicated and probably also more expensive.

my interest/concern wasn't about tax/extra fees....after all, if you want it, you'll pay it (and then whinge and whinge on a Forum or two...but at least they'll have their bendy bananas)......my interest is whether overseas dealers will bother attending at all.......'guess we'll have to wait a year longer to find out...

Quote by Composite View Post
    my interest/concern wasn't about tax/extra fees....after all, if you want it, you'll pay it (and then whinge and whinge on a Forum or two...but at least they'll have their bendy bananas)......my interest is whether overseas dealers will bother attending at all.......'guess we'll have to wait a year longer to find out...
    That's what I mean. It's all about the "F**K Factor" ie how much of a ballache is it and if such "cons" outweigh the "pros"? However, on the upside there is time to work it out I suppose!

I expect/hope it might just be too labour intensive for the revenue man to inventory, categorise and levy charges on such piles of junk

The official UK Government position on tarrifs is that medals and swords attract £0.00 tariff, but 20% VAT for importing from Europe. Not too sure about helmets, been on the site , but can find no reference to them, so probably classed as second hand junk.

UK Global Online Tariff: look up commodity codes, duty and VAT rates - GOV.UK

I think the oversea sellers will stop coming its not just the bringing the goods to the UK its also taking what hasn't sold back to the EU and don't forget the Customs Force normally walk around these shows so a good chance of a tug on the way out of the UK or back into the EU.
    There is already a drop in people buying items in the UK because of the taxes ,Its just as easy for them to sell at Ciney or other shows in the EU without the possible problems with Customs and taxes ,sorry to the say the good old days are gone,

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast