Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

War and Peace Revival Show (UK) 2022

Article about: in light of today's announcement....who's going in 2022?

Not surprised it is off. But I will try and make it in 2022.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement War and Peace Revival Show (UK) 2022
    P
    Many

I think trading was on the decline already the last few editions because of the rather high fee to hire a stand?

That combined with the also raised entry fees for vehicles, Brexit and Covid might mark the end for this event, although if that happens there might be a chance it will again arise from the ashes and return to the less commercial situation of earlier years?

Thumbs down

Well, it's cancelled - again.

E-mail received saying that it's due to "3rd party logistical issues and infrasructure supplies which are currently unavailable have resulted in the War and Peace Show not being able to meet the insurance and Health and Safety requirements for an open public event".

Roughly translated, I think that means that no European dealers are coming so there's not a lot of point.

Cherish your memories........

In the beginning the show did fine as a small local one, so I doubt the lack of European dealers is the reason and they would only know for sure after the first post-Brexit edition anyway. Sounds to me that they can't get toilet & shower facilities in order? It's the same everywhere.

Too bad, I was planning to go just to see how it would be post-Covid & Brexit...

Quote by Martin Bull View Post
    Well, it's cancelled - again.

E-mail received saying that it's due to "3rd party logistical issues and infrasructure supplies which are currently unavailable have resulted in the War and Peace Show not being able to meet the insurance and Health and Safety requirements for an open public event".

Roughly translated, I think that means that no European dealers are coming so there's not a lot of point.

Cherish your memories........
    Wow! That's a shocker. Was looking forward to going. Wonder if I'll ever see my money back...

Starting to feel like it won’t happen again in its current guise. Dealers at Stoneleigh were complaining about increased pitch costs and public having to pay £25. Dealers were saying that they wouldn’t pay...foreign dealers weren’t signing up (apparently), the Ukrainian conflict was “convenient”, re-Enactors weren’t happy at having to pay, vehicle owners weren’t happy being charged.... My fear is that it’s all been made too simple to cancel.....put simply it HAS to be commercially viable for the owner/organisers....whilst everyone else wants cheap etc.......

‘Fact is everyone wants a bigger slice....and the cake ain’t getting bigger......

Lightbulb

It's very sad, but all good things come to an end. Those last few War & Peace/ La Gleize fairs between 2014-2019 seemed to me to have a rather fin de siecle feel - glad I made the most of them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2