Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

War & Peace Show Revival 2017

Article about: It has just become known that starting from 2017 the location of War & Peace Show Revival will be back at the Hop Farm, Paddock Wood (Beltring): https://warandpeacemagazine.com/grea...pe

Default War & Peace Show Revival 2017

It has just become known that starting from 2017 the location of War & Peace Show Revival will be back at the Hop Farm, Paddock Wood (Beltring):

https://warandpeacemagazine.com/grea...peace-revival/

The show dates for 2017 are 25-29th July.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement War & Peace Show Revival 2017
    P
    Many

Amazing news!!!! The "bank" is back (for vehicle watching) AND the journey just got 30 miles shorter!!!!!

...but I would like to know why/how.......

?

I envy you guys.. Have a great show !!
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

'Mid July......you've got plenty of time to get there too......

Lightbulb

I do really hope that this comes off. Although I appreciate the efforts of the organizers, for me the Folkestone site just had absolutely zero 'atmosphere' and TBH I was seriously considering giving up on it completely in 2017....

I will try and get down there this year myself

So, who's getting ready to go?

Im going, probably the second day..i have to fly home on the weekend

Quote by Composite View Post
    Amazing news!!!! The "bank" is back (for vehicle watching) AND the journey just got 30 miles shorter!!!!!

...but I would like to know why/how.......
    I shall be there and this will be my 17th trip.

I agree that the Westhanger location was pretty rubbish having been there every year since it moved from Beltring I can say it was showing no signs of improvement but was getting worse.

As for why the changes have happened; as far as I understand it, and I say this without prejudice as it is only third party scuttlebutt; the original move was not as widely circulated because the Hop Farm was in commercial difficulty (clearly!) but rather it was due to disagreement between the organiser (now gone) and the Hop Farm. I have heard the cause of the disagreement but will not repeat it in writing lest I be considered libellous if it is not true.

The show could not remain at Westernhanger (thankfully) because the site is due to be developed I understand.

The return to Beltring (yippee!) comes about by the new organisers sorting out the original issues with the Hop Farm.

Whatever the truth or detail of it I applaud this and can't wait to get back to the biggest show of the type in the world.

For those who don't know the show is divided up into; very large collectors market, static and re-enactor displays, arena displays with running vehicles and demonstration "battles" plus restored military vehicles of all periods and types. In previous years there have been as many as 4000 restored vehicles on display. For those staying on site there is entertainment with bars and period music etc. There is really nothing to top this.

Hopefully everything that has been "bleeding" away these last few years will come flooding back.

Hope to see some members there.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast