Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Artillery Officers M35 cap

Article about: Just picked up this M35 officers cap. Its either late war or mid-50's. The rounded peak as opposed to the duck bill peak was often seen in late war particularly on officers visors but I beli

Default Artillery Officers M35 cap

Just picked up this M35 officers cap. Its either late war or mid-50's.

The rounded peak as opposed to the duck bill peak was often seen in late war particularly on officers visors but I believe became standard in the mid 50s.

Any comments are welcome

Many thanks

Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Artillery Officers M35 cap   Artillery Officers M35 cap  

Artillery Officers M35 cap   Artillery Officers M35 cap  

Artillery Officers M35 cap   Artillery Officers M35 cap  

Artillery Officers M35 cap  
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Artillery Officers M35 cap
    P
    Many

Here are some wartime photos of the rounded peak in wear
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Artillery Officers M35 cap   Artillery Officers M35 cap  

Attached Images Attached Images Artillery Officers M35 cap  Artillery Officers M35 cap 
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

The crown's material and round peak are typical of Generals' caps. I see the chin strap seems to be non standard. Maybe this started life with a gold chinstrap and general's cockade? After all, the cap badge looks to be smaller than the standard 32mm. Either way, it's a lovely cap. Thanks for sharing.

Just came across this thread when researching Visor caps. Some more evidence of wartime rounded visors

RKKA visor hat, I think its original..?

Nick