Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Budenovkas

Article about: Hi everyone, I have two budenovkas to share. I believe both to be M36 budenovkas (definetely the border guards one), however the build on the cavalry budenovka is quite strange, which I choc

Default Budenovkas

Hi everyone, I have two budenovkas to share. I believe both to be M36 budenovkas (definetely the border guards one), however the build on the cavalry budenovka is quite strange, which I chock up to manufactoring differences, and perhaps its small size. Both maker tags are still visible with the cavalry one being produced in 1939. Unfortunately the year made for the border guard budenovka is no longer visible. I believe the border guard budenovka to be a officer's model due to its much better quality of material, and the cavalry budenovka to be for non commisioned. I would love some more opinions on the two budenovkas, but otherwise felt the need to share them! I'm beyound excited to have the opportunity to own two.

Budenovkas
    Budenovkas
    Budenovkas
    Budenovkas
    Budenovkas
    Budenovkas
    Budenovkas

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Budenovkas
    P
    Many

Hello Dimiti

Thanks for sharing

I am not expert enough in Boudio to judge but I am surprised by the star on the cavalery one. Isn't it a M 56 Star?

Best

Bruno

They look like they were made yesterday. Especially the blinding white thread on the cavalry one doesn't seem to have any age on them. I am not experienced with these though but myself I would be very very careful when a 90 year old cap looks like it was made yesterday.

The photos do much justice to the budenovkas, the cavalry cloth one is in quite rough shape with the buttons having stained the cloth with rust, and the cloth just feeling hard and unmalleable. However the border guard budenovka is in very good shape. I understand the concern but to my understanding they are real as the seller is reputable, and there were a good amount of people bidding to get it. However thank you for letting me know! I would as well normally be very careful around these, but I just had get them.

The cockade stars differed insanely, and it was very hard to generalize them (each manufactorer especially before the war was non standirized and they all built a general shape, however differently). To my understanding it is not uncommon for a star cockade from 1939 to look as this, however I may be mistaken.

?

I'm afraid even a reputable dealer is no guarantee of authenticity in this hobby. The stars look comfortably post war to me too.