Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Came across this USSR officer's cap. Can you help me verify?

Article about: First real post! At first I thought this was fake because it was so clean, but then I looked under the cap and the tag looks properly aged for 1985 (the "5" is hard to read but tha

Default Came across this USSR officer's cap. Can you help me verify?

First real post!

At first I thought this was fake because it was so clean, but then I looked under the cap and the tag looks properly aged for 1985 (the "5" is hard to read but that's what it says). Cap material appears to be high quality wool, felt rim, all looks really good. The only thing that's bugging me is the cockade and buttons. They're so clean for being from the 1980's, and the buttons are applied upside down. Buttons appear to be brass as they don't respond to magnets, but still a little unsure. I don't think the interior tag was applied by a third party as the stitching is top-quality and properly molded with the body. I know a lot of these were sold in tourist traps, but so long as it was made in the proper factories I'm not too worried. I know the tag is hard to read, but can anyone shed more light on it's origins?

Came across this USSR officer's cap. Can you help me verify?Came across this USSR officer's cap. Can you help me verify?Came across this USSR officer's cap. Can you help me verify?Came across this USSR officer's cap. Can you help me verify?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Came across this USSR officer's cap. Can you help me verify?
    P
    Many

?

State production and sewing association "COMINTERN" in Gomel (in Belorussian SSR). Good officer's casual cap for tank troops.

Quote by mixer View Post
    State production and sewing association "COMINTERN" in Gomel (in Belorussian SSR). Good officer's casual cap for tank troops.

Amazing! Thanks so much for your reply mixer, that is some super helpful info. One last question: does the cockade/buttons look original to you?

?

Yez, origin.