Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

M15 Soviet Helmet

Article about: I do see the difference in material and paint RichieC. As repro items of this type go, I would consider the details of the brass star really well done though. As I have said, it is a repro t

Default Re: M15 Soviet Helmet

i really like the helmet put together or not its a nice representation is the badge original and do you know where i might pick up one

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M15 Soviet Helmet
    P
    Many

glad you like it, i like it myself also. I really have no idea if the badge is original or not like I already mentioned in my first post.
    I'm sure there will be someone who can tell.

I have this helmet since so long, have no idea if they are still available, I think Dimas can give an answer on that question.
    thanks
    Ivan

hi ivan it sounds to me like this helmet is a bone of contention for you and not the first time youve had to defend its originality i for one can not comment as its out of my field of knowledge but in essence i like it

I've saw two of them, at Finnish militaria show in Tampere, reproductions of course. I just couldnt get myself to buy a repro over 100e, that I wont even use in reenacting. Maybe someday.

hope to lay my hands on the new book soon, and hope even more some good answers about these red star Adrian helmets turn up ;-)

?

Default M26 polish in russian service?

Hello, what do you think about this one (found on ebay).
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M15 Soviet Helmet   M15 Soviet Helmet  

M15 Soviet Helmet   M15 Soviet Helmet  

The bad: It doesn't make sense to me that the top point of a star designed for this helmet would overlap the comb in that way.
    The good: The rust around the top of that star perfectly matches the rust where they meet on the comb, so it looks like it has been there a long time.
    My verdict: No idea what it is and doubtful anyone would ever really know, but it looks cool and has a nice patina and I'd like to own something like that, but only for an amount of money that I would be fine with never recovering at all
    Kevin

Well, ... the helmet is a french M26 used during WW2.
    We could have thougth at the spanish war but the liner is brown that is usualy known as post war.

Bruno

Could also have been Communist french resistance, or simply a fake. I am not sure about the Liners being only Post War - but i vaguely remember something like that.

The way the crest is fixed ti the shell is also post-war.
    That said they were many communist countries after WWé but most of them used the "soviet style" helmets.

The number is unusual.
    Anyway it looks realy old
    Just wondering if their is no green part on the star. So it maybe something else.

Do we know where the helmet comes from? It could give an indication.

Bruno

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast