Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

M15 Soviet Helmet

Article about: I do see the difference in material and paint RichieC. As repro items of this type go, I would consider the details of the brass star really well done though. As I have said, it is a repro t

Default Re: M15 Soviet Helmet

One of my friends found such one, it's probably polish M15 Adrian captured in 1939 by RKKA ... any ideas/opinions ? What does this 15 means ?
    Attached Images Attached Images M15 Soviet Helmet  M15 Soviet Helmet  M15 Soviet Helmet 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M15 Soviet Helmet
    P
    Many

?

Hello, thank you for posting this picture. I have never seen this before. It has a Polish type liner? I see the rivets for liner not original.
    The star and number are painted on with use of a stencil? I suppose the slots for the badge have been filled in some way?
    It would be interesting to see photos of the liner if you can do that.
    Can anyone with knowledge of helmets of this appearance add information please ?

According to my friends words this is typical 100% polish version of M15 Adrian - he collects Polish Army and bought it in this configuration with clear intentions to renovate it to original polish version. Right now he's thinking to leave it as it is, but is interested in identification what does this "15" means. There is an information that it may be soviet 15th Tank Corps which attacked Poland on line Baranowicze-Wolkowysk-Grodno. I'm really interested is it possible to recognize the unit or meaning of this 15 on the star. Appreciate and thanks for help !
    Attached Images Attached Images M15 Soviet Helmet  M15 Soviet Helmet 

?

I have original ground found star in brass, will post it later, or probably I've posted it here some time ago, just have no time to publish it again
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

If anybody should be interested, i might be able to find an original and some of the repro's. PM me if interested.

Regards, Lars

????????????????? - Belonging to an associate.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M15 Soviet Helmet   M15 Soviet Helmet  

M15 Soviet Helmet   M15 Soviet Helmet  

Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

?

So what is this? I've seen SO many statements that the Red Army never used M26 helmets .

?

There are many legends about the Polish helmets, which were captured by the Red Army in 1939. And that, supposedly, these helmets were used in the Red Army. I do not think it possible. And here are the reasons:
    By the autumn of 1939 all Russian troops were fully equipped with steel helmets of domestic design - SSH-36. Are even replaced with a new model of SSH-39. By 1939, M15 Adrian helmet was officially removed from the supply of the armed forces. This model of helmet was removed from the troops and transferred to the warehouse. After a complete saturation of the new domestic design helmets began to accumulate in the mobilization reserves. Stored there M15 shipped to the smelter. The French M26 and especially M15 were the worst in its protective qualities than SSH-36, and especially SSH-39. Why take on the supply a foreign and bad model? Also do not think that the French helmet was captured in Poland in sufficient quantity to be taken to supply the troops. By the way, captured by the more modern Polish M31 stored in warehouses and in 1943 they even used in the Soviet Union formed the Polish military units. But the Red Army, these helmets were not used. And finally, here - an analogy: the Germans extensive use of captured enemy weapons, but the troops wore helmets domestic models. In the civil defense forces - yes a little, but not in the army. In my opinion, might be assumed that a small portion of the captured Polish helmets could be transferred to the local civil defense formations, or a fireman. Especially in the occupied in 1939 the Polish territories. The figures in the stars is usually used Soviet firefighters - this is the number of fire brigades and units. But I haven't yet to see any photos - evidence of this. Has anyone?

?

Only one way the Soviets use Polish helmets:
    The Baltic fleet in Estonia in the beginning the Barbarossa operation in this area has no helmets at all, due this fact, they use what was stored in the ex-Estonian army stocks.
    Estonian army got some of the Polish equipment and tanks in the mid of 1939 year, mostly it was experimental wz 38 helmets, which was disapprowed by some reasons by Polish Ministry of defence. Approximately 90 % of the helmets recieved from Poland was this experimental helmets, but 10% was mixed with wz 31 helmets, which has some similarity with SSch 39 by shape. Both examples was found in the battlefields.
    I newer seen or heard about the M 27 or 31 Adrians in use in the Red Army
    Here I will add the pictures of unquestionable brass star, from Soviet M 15, battlefield found
    M15 Soviet HelmetM15 Soviet Helmet

And a Soviets who survived the battles in Estonia, and conscript troops in Nevsky Pyatachok at Wolchow front
    M15 Soviet Helmet
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

Thank you Dimas for very interesting information and photos. And that star is the type I am seeking, original or reproduction. Good to see one that is known original.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast