Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Need help - AF visor makermark

Article about: I am interested in buying an AF visor to complete my mannequin but I wonder about the makermark - is this a wartime makermark? I once had a list with all kinds of makermarks but I lost that

Default Need help - AF visor makermark

I am interested in buying an AF visor to complete my mannequin but I wonder about the makermark - is this a wartime makermark? I once had a list with all kinds of makermarks but I lost that one when getting my laptop and moving data from one to another.
    Many thanks for your help!!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need help - AF visor makermark
    P
    Many

?

I can't judge by the photo if this item is genuine, but this manufacturer (ЦЭП) has been working since 1938.

Thanks a lot! Here's a few more pics from the cap. :

Need help - AF visor makermarkNeed help - AF visor makermarkNeed help - AF visor makermark

?

Ooh, that looks nice..
    I’d get it!

Edit: just stumbled across the listing..
    On second thoughts, now I’ve seen the price tag..
    Blimey!
    Last edited by Kohima; 05-23-2020 at 01:10 PM.

Apart from the pricetag: is it an original WW2 period cap? I am not experienced with these I'm afraid.

That seller is not know for having any "deals". The hat looks pretty good. But hats scare me.

I know the seller is firm on his prices plus on the steep side as well with his prices (bought occasionally from them before). But apart from that I would like to know if it is original? I haven't dealt with any Soviet visor before so I am completely blanc there. I did obviously a lot of research but even that is too limited to make a good call on these items.

Edit: but if you tried to get a deal with them does this mean you know this is an original visor? If so please tell the signs what to look for.

?

I'd want to see the back of the buttons (for a date and also to establish if they're sown or split pinned).

I'd also want to see the inside of the sweat band and the stitching of the visor to see if it had been re-angled or replaced.

The area behind the badges would offer clues as to whether or not this was the original configuration.

Genuine cap - no doubt. My cynical suspicion is of a post war cap with reapplied insignia (no evidence of oxidation). If there are tell tale holes from 1947 metal insignia it would potentially confirm this (although if it were originally an other ranks non-aircrew issue we'd still be at square one).

Unfortunately the seller doesn't have more pics that show the requested areas. Will contact the seller for these and will post them here once I get them - if I get them.