Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

New book on Soviet Visor Caps (furazhki) Now Available

Article about: Colleagues: I am proud to announce the publication of my new book: 50 Years Under the Red Star: The Definitive Guide to Soviet Soldier, Sailor and Airman Caps from WW2 to 1991. With 372-page

The book includes many (many!) caps not shown on my website - which is post-war "only." I have not added much to my website over the past couple of years in order to reserve my later acquisitions to this book, and I include a large number of photographs of caps in Russian collections where mine is lacking. I do illustrate examples of every visor cap style/branch in use by 1941 and walk those developments through all periods thereafter. I also discuss how to tell authentic early caps from later, similar ones. I cover the evolution of headgear emblems from the late 1930s into the war and thereafter as well.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New book on Soviet Visor Caps (furazhki) Now Available
    P
    Many

Yes, the above book does a nice, comprehensive job I believe in addressing the variations of markings used by all cap manufacturers, including those you mentioned. You can order one of these off Amazon. I do have a smattering of such markings in my new book, but just to provide a bit of color and to sample what collectors should look for in authentic caps.

Thanks for your replies, much appreciated. Will get me a copy for sure

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2