Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Opinions on this SSH-39

Article about: Hi fellow collectors, I have been looking for a good SSH-39 for a while now. However, since it is not my expertise I would really love to hear your opinions on this particular piece. To me t

Thanks a lot but no way I am going to pay 650 for an incomplete helmet. This price is way too much imo.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinions on this SSH-39
    P
    Many

No worries Marcel. That was exactly what I was thinking. Alas, I will keep looking for another one.

The helmet is a LMZ SSh-39 with a graylex liner. Although the liner is in a bad condition, it is certainly original.
    The helmet has been offered for sale by the seller several times. The price has since dropped slightly to €600.
    I also think the requested price is a bit too much, but that is not the only thing. Many copies of this type of helmet have been reused by Luftschutz and usually painted over in grey or black on the outside.
    Often attempts are made to remove the dark Luftschutz paint layer. However, this does not work completely and there remain dark spots or streaks or even places where the metal surface has become visible. I suspect this was also done with this helmet.
    This will affect the value of the helmet. Perhaps the price can be negotiated with the seller.

Hi Asjemenou,

Thanks for the elaborate response! I think your remarks serve as even better reasons why I am going to take a pass on this one. Thanks again.

Kind regards,
    Lars

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2