Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Pilotka from Espenlaub 1943 dated

Article about: Hi everyone, I would like to present you my newest purchase. This is a nicely stamped mid-war pilotka from the Samoilova factory with some salt paired with a fairly rare red-lacquered wartim

llegion, at the beginning of this thread you posted a picture of the 1943 stamp, are you able to post the picture of it now saying 1946 for comparison? Kevin

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Pilotka from Espenlaub 1943 dated
    P
    Many

Quote by llegion View Post
    Thank you everyone for your input. Now that I have checked the pilotka more clearly and sprayed it with some water I can see that it is actually 1946 dated. I don’t think it’s a very nice move deceiving your customers like that and labeling the pilotka as wartime when it really isn’t. The pictures showed a clear 1943 stamp. Before my experience with Espenlaub was excellent but know I have to decide whether I want to be a future customer of yours’.

We did not use any sprays to date items, sold as it's clearly visible 1943. The type of the pilotka is a correct for this period with a nice original wartime star on it. If you find uncomfortable please return it to us. Please use a website to contact us

Quote by Marcel Banziger View Post
    Let me start with saying I am a satisfied returning customer from Espenlaub (and new order is on its way to me as we speak) and also will buy from them in the future. But, as Bagration just showed in post # 24 it clearly shows a signature added on top of a sctratchmark/chip. A signature which was not there on the initial photos. Can with some chemistry a name made visible again? Probably. I am not a chemist so I can't say anything about that. In this specific situation, where a name is written over a chip is something I don't buy. I would believe if with some chemistry a name can be brought back and made visible again and where parts of the name would be missing on the spots where scratches and chips are. But here the full name continues over these scratches and chips as if these scratches and chips are not there. And that is simply impossible. No hard feelings to anyone but to me this specific situation is just fraudulent.
    My thoughts as well. It's even more suspicious when the surfaced name is the name of a documented soldier, with a photo and story available and a direct link to Tallinn, by chance also the location of the shop.

I myself only have positive experiences with this dealer, but needless to say that every item and every seller should be treated cautiously. Just to many fakes and money driven frauds in this hobby.

Jan
    ?

Very interesting thread.. I would appreciate more comments and also proof regarding the allegations.

Personally I would like to ask the company about their general policy in trading ground dug items. According to my scientific research at least some of the battlefield relics (previously) up for sale on their website have proven to be illegally dug in countries such as Finland where the general awareness and legislation limits the commercial treasure hunting for WW2 relics.

Please comment,

Jan

In regards to Dimas' post about restoring helmet liners. I was really referring to this chemicals ability to restore metal, not leather. Leather is an entirely different thing altogether. Those are some very impressive photos, that last photo almost looks like brand new.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4