Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Pilotka stamps

Article about: Hello, Are these stamps wartime? They stamps says it is from 41 but they doesn't look like the wartime stamps by shape and composition. It look likes it stamped later to make the pilotka mor

Default Pilotka stamps

Hello,

Are these stamps wartime? They stamps says it is from 41 but they doesn't look like the wartime stamps by shape and composition. It look likes it stamped later to make the pilotka more expensive. But I could be wrong. All information is welcome.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pilotka stamps  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Pilotka stamps
    P
    Many

Anyone?

?

Could you post a close up in focus on the stamp please?

Pictures of the cap itself would help ascertain if a wartime stamp belongs in a pilotka like that.

?

Hi, it's really hard to say much more from these. Close ups in focus would be a great help; it's hard to tell if this is even wool or cotton.

From this distance, it looks like it might well be good but I'd defy anyone to be definitive without more detailed images. The lining and sweat band are promising.

I'm not familiar with the stamp but it is consistent with wartime design with maker at the top (Артель Трудовик if i'm not mistaken), with Б (бракер) and С (сорт) down the left and year on the right.

I think you will get much more engagement from the forum if you add more/better images.

If its from a dealer and they won't supply them, walk away!

?

Quote by Rikkert View Post
    Anyone?
    Poor photos = Poor replies...
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

More detail pictures.
    Pilotka stampsPilotka stampsPilotka stampsPilotka stamps

?

The material is classic soviet 'double diagonal' good from pre-war all the way up to the 1970s. More often associated with breaches but perfectly acceptable for pilotkas too. See illustrations below at various ranges to get an idea (these are 1942 dated breaches). Note how it looks close up and compare to yours.

Pilotka stamps

Pilotka stamps

Pilotka stamps

As for the lining, I see nothing wrong with the cloth. I still can't get a feel for the sweatband but it doesn't jump out as post war (someone did a really good thread on sweat bands on this forum; see if you can find it). Here's a mid-war Krasniy Voin Pilotka for comparison.

Pilotka stamps

As for the stamp, I don't know the maker (and I don't know what to make of the stamp on the left), but I can't see anything hugely suspicious in it. The year is known to appear in boxes on other items, the information is all in the right place.

All in, I think there's a good chance that this is authentic - but i'd still like more and better pictures!