Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Please evaluate

Article about: Soviet general cap 1945

That's why I said GOOD pics are needed. Takes away most, if not all, unnecessary misunderstandings.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Please evaluate
    P
    Many

?

Either way, the point I'm making is that upper case and lower case is a strange way to write a name.

Plastic cap makers marks didn't appear on caps until post 1991, when factories still produced them for a number of reasons. However I have seen some German Reparation caps with plastic marks but I believe it would have some markings on it.

?

Quote by cr71 View Post
    This is a refurbished item. The lining on the original cap was replaced (they installed a 1960 version) and the inner liner was replaced with a modern leather liner.

Then they wrote the name of the owner (with a modern ballpoint pen) + and made corrections.
    Then they wrote the number of the military unit 3931 (Omsk rifle unit - with the same number, the military unit was listed in the Kiev military district)
    The letters MO - this is the Moscow District - it was also written incorrectly.

Summary - the object was once original cap of the general of artillery or armored forces , but it was not restored correctly, - now this it is either a fake or a theatrical (cinematic) props.

Just like that, they spoiled a historical object - turned it into trash.

CR71,

I agree with Marcel. Serious questions on this one. Personally I'm not impressed the writing on the sweatband. Looks contrived. Purposely written there to help sell the cap or story. Also don't like the looks of the sweat band overall. No wear. My guess... a fake or post war piece purposely produced to deceive a collector. If it were me... I'd pass on it.

Gerry C.

From the Cooler High Plains of the Midwest U.S.A.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2