Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Protective hood of the Russian airborne troops

Article about: Here I show you a protective hood of the Russian airborne troops - WDW (Wosduschno-dessantnyje voiska, Воздушно-десантные войска - ВДВ), in Anglo-American language:

Default Protective hood of the Russian airborne troops

Here I show you a protective hood of the Russian airborne troops - WDW (Wosduschno-dessantnyje voiska, Воздушно-десантные войска - ВДВ), in Anglo-American language: "VDV".

Quite obviously, an emblem (a badge) had been attached to the front of the hood.
    The hole is clearly visible from the outside as well as on the inside of the hood.

The hood shown here was probably accepted or manufactured by the military in 1981.

Protective hood of the Russian airborne troopsProtective hood of the Russian airborne troopsProtective hood of the Russian airborne troopsProtective hood of the Russian airborne troopsProtective hood of the Russian airborne troopsProtective hood of the Russian airborne troopsProtective hood of the Russian airborne troopsProtective hood of the Russian airborne troopsProtective hood of the Russian airborne troops

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Protective hood of the Russian airborne troops
    P
    Many

Here is another copy, which was probably accepted in 1984 based on the stamp.

Protective hood of the Russian airborne troopsProtective hood of the Russian airborne troopsProtective hood of the Russian airborne troopsProtective hood of the Russian airborne troopsProtective hood of the Russian airborne troopsProtective hood of the Russian airborne troopsProtective hood of the Russian airborne troopsProtective hood of the Russian airborne troopsProtective hood of the Russian airborne troops

I have to ask about the knife in the above picture.
    Is it a military issue item?
    It looks like a very exaggerated version of the 1960s Gerber Mk2 knife.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Quote by Chopperman View Post
    I have to ask about the knife in the above picture.
    Is it a military issue item?
    It looks like a very exaggerated version of the 1960s Gerber Mk2 knife.
    Стропорез

Protective hood of the Russian airborne troopsProtective hood of the Russian airborne troops

Thank you.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

You´re welcome !

Quote by Reibert View Post

Quite obviously, an emblem (a badge) had been attached to the front of the hood.
    The hole is clearly visible from the outside as well as on the inside of the hood.
    In my opinion, these Russian paratrooper hoods and also the tank helmets are often decorated with a Soviet star that originally belongs to a pilotka.
    This may have been done incidentally, but I think it was not an official way of wearing.
    In the photo in your earlier post you see two Soviet paratroopers wearing such a similar hood. Both of them have no star emblem attached to it.
    Today's Russian paratroopers and Spetsnaz wear the same hood. Also without a badge.

Советские десантники (48 фото) >> Триникси and Про тамбовский спецназ | Yablor.ru

These are sold with these pilotka stars on tourist locations. I bought myself one of these, 1981 dated in Berlin for € 15 near Brandenburger Tor from a street vendor. All surplus items now being dropped on the tourist market.

Quote by Asjemenou View Post
    In my opinion, these Russian paratrooper hoods and also the tank helmets are often decorated with a Soviet star that originally belongs to a pilotka.
    This may have been done incidentally, but I think it was not an official way of wearing.
    In the photo in your earlier post you see two Soviet paratroopers wearing such a similar hood. Both of them have no star emblem attached to it.
    Today's Russian paratroopers and Spetsnaz wear the same hood. Also without a badge.

Советские десантники (48 фото) >> Триникси and Про тамбовский спецназ | Yablor.ru
    Another example

My Soviet helmet