Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Real Soviet Summer Officer Visor Cap?

Article about: Hi all- I don’t particularly collect visor caps or anything really other than medals and helmets, but I wouldn’t mind having one for display. Sadly I’m basically clueless when it comes

Default Real Soviet Summer Officer Visor Cap?

Hi all-

I don’t particularly collect visor caps or anything really other than medals and helmets, but I wouldn’t mind having one for display. Sadly I’m basically clueless when it comes to these, and the most I know about these is that these visors, as far as I know, are M1941 caps and they are heavily faked. Sorry for my lack of knowledge on these but that’s just about all I know. Any help regarding the authenticity of this cap is greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
    Nikita.

Real Soviet Summer Officer Visor Cap?Real Soviet Summer Officer Visor Cap?Real Soviet Summer Officer Visor Cap?Real Soviet Summer Officer Visor Cap?Real Soviet Summer Officer Visor Cap?Real Soviet Summer Officer Visor Cap?Real Soviet Summer Officer Visor Cap?Real Soviet Summer Officer Visor Cap?Real Soviet Summer Officer Visor Cap?
    Last edited by PapaStalin1943; 03-24-2022 at 08:21 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Real Soviet Summer Officer Visor Cap?
    P
    Many

PapaStalin1943

Saw no one ever replied to your request. Thought I wade in and give an opinion. Right or wrong. My thoughts... I feel like it's a legit WW2 visor. Of course these visors are notoriously hard to date. At least they are for me. I have a known and verified WW2 summer visor in my collection. Unfortunately, I can't make a comparison as my collection is in one location and I'm in another. Let's see what others have to say.

Gerry C.

From the VERY DRY High Plains of the Midwest U.S.A.

Thank you very much for your reply, it’s greatly appreciated! I do hope that others may have more insight/opinions they’d like to share in regards to this item. I reached out to an online collector friend of mine who primarily collects Soviet headgear and he also said he was inclined to believe it was wartime. I trusted my gut and bought it. Can’t wait to receive it and post better images

Well that's two votes in the legit column.

Me, I really like the looks of it. I'm odd that I like my items to have some wear and use. Not real big on pristine items unless they belonged to an historically important or political figure. I prefer the actual worn on the front look. It continues to pay tribute to the individual who wore it.

Gerry C