Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

relic ssh 36 helmet

Article about: Hello again!! I have seen this ssh 36 helmet for sale on ebay. The price is not bad considering what they usually ask for this type of helmets with a red star. I know that the helmet is 100%

Default relic ssh 36 helmet

Hello again!!
    I have seen this ssh 36 helmet for sale on ebay. The price is not bad considering what they usually ask for this type of helmets with a red star. I know that the helmet is 100% original, in relic condition but great to display in my collection. In addition, it has two holes that appear to be from shrapnel.
    My question is about the red star, do you think it is original? The reason for the purchase would be mainly because of the red star, since I have been after one like this for a long time but the prices are usually very high. thank you!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture relic ssh 36 helmet   relic ssh 36 helmet  

relic ssh 36 helmet   relic ssh 36 helmet  

relic ssh 36 helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement relic ssh 36 helmet
    P
    Many

?

Hi, red flags: 2 kind of new paint, Ssh-36 were cold stamped not inked stamp, engraved initials are new & the star hardly damage? A rework relic. I'm no expert but those things jump in the eye right away! Jack

I am more a german - then a Soviet helmet Collector, but i´m pretty confident the grey paint is original, i have see this "bumped" texture on one of my own helmets i got from Russia. The star, ink stamp and initials are another story and could all be applied after.

I'm highly doubtful on the star being originally (pre-)wartime.

?

Good star. Here's mine.relic ssh 36 helmet

For comparison, the star on my relic SSH-36
    Erwin
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture relic ssh 36 helmet   relic ssh 36 helmet  

relic ssh 36 helmet