Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Russian Modified Sh40 Helmet from the war in Ukraine

Article about: A salty Second World War period Soviet Sh40 helmet that was refitted with a new liner and helmet cover in 2022. The name of the owner "Isaij" written in black ink on the side of th

Jan
    ?

Default Russian Modified Sh40 Helmet from the war in Ukraine

A salty Second World War period Soviet Sh40 helmet with battle damage. The helmet was refitted with a new liner and helmet cover in 2022 by the company "NPO Spezmaterjaly" in St. Petersburg. The name of the owner "Isaij" written in black ink on the side of the helmet.

It was probably a private purchase by a Russian soldier at a price comparable to that of modern helmets, while of course not giving the same protection against shrapnel and bullets as modern kevlar helmets.

It is probable the helmet was captured by the Ukrainian Kholodnyy Yar 93 Brigade in August 2022 near Bakhmut.

Best,

Jan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Russian Modified Sh40 Helmet from the war in Ukraine   Russian Modified Sh40 Helmet from the war in Ukraine  

Russian Modified Sh40 Helmet from the war in Ukraine   Russian Modified Sh40 Helmet from the war in Ukraine  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Russian Modified Sh40 Helmet from the war in Ukraine
    P
    Many

Jan
    ?

Thank you so much.

Do you know how the soldier would have gottten hold or purchased this kind of helmet of his own size before heading for the frontlines of Ukraine.

Best, Jan

Interesting to note your helmet is still green.
    all Kolpak-20's i've seen (and the one i own) + all of the ones i've seen in their production video are repainted gray

Nice piece Jan ,here is my example which came with an inner and outer cover Russian Modified Sh40 Helmet from the war in UkraineRussian Modified Sh40 Helmet from the war in UkraineRussian Modified Sh40 Helmet from the war in Ukraine
    Regards James