Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

A Soviet reissued Russian Adrian

Article about: Hi everyone- I have found an original Imperial Russian Adrian, that has had its original Tsarist Crest insignia replaced with a Soviet Star. The helmet itself is in my opinion undoubtedly an

I have never heard of such practice with Adrian m15 or m16.

My idea was about a modification made by the veteran to fix them at the wall. I have never seen such practice with russian helmets, but I saw many Adrian (in France and Italy) modified postwar with holes to hang them up. It was simply another clue (but not a great one) that the shell came from a normal Adrian m15 which was later altered.

A useless disquisition from me, this helmet is bad because of many other features

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A Soviet reissued Russian Adrian
    P
    Many

A Soviet reissued Russian AdrianA Soviet reissued Russian AdrianA Soviet reissued Russian Adrian

To Gabriele’s point, here’s an Ssh39 that I always assumed was hung on a wall somewhere, seems like the only logical explanation for a hole in that location. Kevin

This one, for sale at Raskantik is similar to the initial helmet shown in this thread. It is for sale here: RUSSIAN ADRIAN HELMET - Rask Antik
    I have no clue on originality since I am not experienced with these. I do have a gutfeeling but that is not science so I better keep my mouth shut

A Soviet reissued Russian Adrian

Hello Marcel,

I have already seen one like this in the past, but in my opinion it is not russian.

It is a model 26 Adrian, so I think there are no chances that it was issued to RKKA, not mentioning the star cockade that has a pattern which I have never seen before on a Russian helmet.

But maybe it is original, related to other armies. I don't know if, for example, m26 were issued to Spain during Civil war...

Best regards
    Gabriele

Thanks Gabriele, that confirms my gutfeeling

Hello,

I confirm it is a M26 shell.

Funily enough it is the 3d one is a short period of time. On the other their was a number on the star

Best

Bruno

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2