Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

SSh 40 Wartime or Postwar?

Article about: Hi everyone. I have come upon this SSH 40, which the seller claims are wartime. I tried doing some research, and I tried my best to get as much info from soviet-helmets.com, and the chin str

Default SSh 40 Wartime or Postwar?

Hi everyone. I have come upon this SSH 40, which the seller claims is wartime. I tried doing some research, and I tried my best to get as much info from soviet-helmets.com, and the chin strap seems to be correct, and the inner liner pad material seems to also be correct (I have asked the seller for clearer pictures of both sides of the pads), but my only question about the lining, is the pattern, because, on soviet-helmets.com, there is no "leaf" pattern in the examples. Is this a wartime pattern? I was wondering what you guys thought about this helmet. (There is also an army stamped star, which I tried my best to highlight.) There are only 2 and 1/2 hours left, so any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

SSh 40 Wartime or Postwar?SSh 40 Wartime or Postwar?SSh 40 Wartime or Postwar?SSh 40 Wartime or Postwar?SSh 40 Wartime or Postwar?SSh 40 Wartime or Postwar?SSh 40 Wartime or Postwar?SSh 40 Wartime or Postwar?SSh 40 Wartime or Postwar?SSh 40 Wartime or Postwar?SSh 40 Wartime or Postwar?SSh 40 Wartime or Postwar?
    Last edited by PapaStalin1943; 02-17-2019 at 09:10 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SSh 40 Wartime or Postwar?
    P
    Many

Chinstrap looks to be post-war.

But what about the liner and helmet? I think it is real, but I am no expert.

I feel pretty confident about the item, and I got it for a great price. I will post more detailed pictures once I receive it sometime in 1-2 weeks.

?

Postwar helmet.

Ah, well that's bad to hear. What do you see that tells you it is postwar?

?

I see that absolutely all of the parts (shell, liner and chin strap) have post-war signs. Therefore, without a doubt, I say that this is a post-war helmet.

There are several original wartime helmets being offered by some respected dealers. But that also means paying full price....which in my opinion is always better than wasting money on auction sites where every sellers swears to sell original items only, ...and where the truth turns out to be quite different every single time.
    The chase to find something on Ebay can be a thrill yes. Without enough experience it can be a costly thrill unfortunately.