Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

ssh36 white paint

Article about: hello this is my last find-the first soviet helmet that i have in my hands.i guess that will be hard/impossible to tell that that the white paint is original or not.my question is about the

Default ssh36 white paint

hello this is my last find-the first soviet helmet that i have in my hands.i guess that will be hard/impossible to tell that that the white paint is original or not.my question is about the rivet is it an original one?also i' intersted in the number on the inner side ,its hardly visible something like 61 and 11 maybe someone can decode it?
    i think the helmet somwhere on its timeline was used like a some kind of bucket with a stick connected to it -the two holes visible on photos.
    best regards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ssh36 white paint   ssh36 white paint  

ssh36 white paint   ssh36 white paint  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ssh36 white paint
    P
    Many

few more photos
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ssh36 white paint   ssh36 white paint  

ssh36 white paint  

Hello, yes the rivet holes look like they’re in the right spots. Interesting observation about a bucket being attached to it, who knows but it makes sense based on the placement of those extra holes. The numbers you see are hard to make out but they probably begin with a 2 or 3, as that would be the size (1 is the smallest, but it doesn’t look like a 1). Then they turned a 1 sideways for a dash, then the rest of the numbers are like batch numbers for the batch of steel the helmet was made from. Congratulations on getting this helmet. Kevin

thank You very much for info and for the congrats
    best regards

?

Hi Michal, here is what I know according to World War helmet web site. Your helmet is a 1936 or very early 1937 because the cold stamp is 1- located at the back. 2 - the sideways digit 1 ( separating the helmet size from the batch # ) is present ( it vanished early in 1937). 3 - the numbers are not aligned. Later in 1937, the sideways digit 1 vanished & the numbers were perfectly aligned finally the stamping was moved to the side of the helmet. Because the ballistic testing was done at the back of the helmet! In 1938 the stamping was moved to the back again, in 1939 the stamping was more or less aligned. The only thing that didn't changed back was that sideways digit 1 who vanished never to be seen again. Huza!
    Last edited by Jack59; 03-06-2023 at 11:05 PM.

very interesting specific info ,thank you very much

?

Your welcome, my pleasure.