Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Are there remnants of winter camo on this Ssh-36?

Article about: Hi all. I have two questions regarding this Ssh-36. First of all, I'd like to say that there is no doubt in my mind that this is an authentic late war production Ssh-36 (due to lack of any r

What is the price? Don't forget that rare items are expensive.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Are there remnants of winter camo on this Ssh-36?
    P
    Many

Yes, I know that to get rare items you have to pay the price... literally

He is asking $1,325 for the Blokadnik helmet, but the thing is, I do not think that the seller is aware that this is the Leningrad variant, as he does not mention this as being a rare version at all on his listing. He also is selling an Ssh-36 with chinstrap, liner, almost all paint intact, dated 1940, but with an early war star for $1,745. IMO an outrageous price.

I just barely missed by a day a chance to but a blokadnik with an early star, original liner and leather chinstrap for $750.

Well, in my (Non-expert) opinion, 1,325$ is a bit outrageous. I found a mid-war blokadnik SSh 36 on espenlaub for 570$ (Although it had a partial liner and the shell was damaged.) It claimed that it, "was found at the old stock in Leningrad."

That seem like a hefty price for either of the helmets! But.. it is worth whatever anyone is willing to pay for it. Nothing wrong with that. Sometimes collectibles cost a lot and then a month, year or decade later it is a completely different market.
    Right now though I think it is too high.
    But if one likes something.. and you got the money. The price is secondary. Rather have than not have
    Or be patient. One day you might make a real find!

Got my complete shh36 with early chin strap but without star for 450 on eBay last year. But that was all luck I think.

Here are a few pictures of my white washed Ssh36.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Are there remnants of winter camo on this Ssh-36?   Are there remnants of winter camo on this Ssh-36?  

Are there remnants of winter camo on this Ssh-36?   Are there remnants of winter camo on this Ssh-36?  

Well, I didn't get the helmet

I bid $300 with 2 seconds remaining in the auction, and somehow at literally 1 second before the auction ended, someone bid $315. I'm not gonna lie, I am kind of mad. But hey, there's going to be more opportunities in the future (hopefully with an intact liner )

My advice, when really wanting an item bid a fair price. We all know the offer was quite far below the price it actually could go for. Pretty sure that if you would bid another 200-300 extra you definitely would "win" the helmet.

Thanks for the advice, I will definitely remember that for the next time. On a side note, I just got a nicely worn Stalingrad medal all original for $35 (my first Stalingrad medal!) and Clawson's helmet guide book also for $35. Although I got quite a nice deal on these items, I could have just gotten a very salty and beat up wartime ushanka mostly intact with some field repair for $35, but the seller sent out an offer for $40 to everyone looking at the listing and it sold.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2