Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thoughts on this Blue Russian Adrian Helmet?

Article about: Hi everyone- I was wondering what you guys think regarding the authenticity of this Horizon Blue Russian Adrian helmet. I know that there were Horizon Blue-painted Russian Adrian's, but I al

Default Thoughts on this Blue Russian Adrian Helmet?

Hi everyone- I was wondering what you guys think regarding the authenticity of this Horizon Blue Russian Adrian helmet. I know that there were Horizon Blue-painted Russian Adrian's, but I also know that they are rare and that the imperial crest is supposed to be tan (maybe this one was repainted? Most likely just wishful thinking). I am not an expert when it comes to these Imperial Russian helmets, as I only have information from Clawson's decade-old and semi outdated book to go off of. I only post this helmet here because I believe there may be a chance of this being authentic because when I compare the liner to other examples of Russian Adrians, the liner seems correct and so does the chinstrap (though I know this can mean nothing). What do you guys make of this? Any help/info would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
    Nikita.

Thoughts on this Blue Russian Adrian Helmet?Thoughts on this Blue Russian Adrian Helmet?Thoughts on this Blue Russian Adrian Helmet?Thoughts on this Blue Russian Adrian Helmet?Thoughts on this Blue Russian Adrian Helmet?Thoughts on this Blue Russian Adrian Helmet?Thoughts on this Blue Russian Adrian Helmet?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Thoughts on this Blue Russian Adrian Helmet?
    P
    Many

Nikita, we had a thread on this topic that started 02/25 and you can look through those comments. The general consensus is that blue ones MAY exist but would be extremely rare. To me, from a general “does it have a ring of truth” observation, I wish that badge was either tan or matched the helmet color perfectly, that different color blue concerns me. Kevin

Thank you very much Kevin. I will definitely look through that thread.

Thanks again.

Were any Russian Adrians blue?
    I think this is the thread Keven mentioned.

Does anyone else have an opinion regarding the authenticity of this helmet?

I didn't end up winning it sadly. 3 seconds before the auction was over I put a max bid of $465 on, and was instantly outbid so I quickly raised by bid to 500, but was also still beat. There ended up being 2 other guys also bidding, and the end price ended up being $537 for this beautiful helmet. A nice bargain for this piece, but still currently out of my price range sadly as I just bough an Ssh-36 with the liner a few days ago (although it has been repainted).

Not only did I lose the auction, but I also stayed up until almost 4 AM!

?

I wouldn’t beat yourself up over it.. there are an awful lot of fake badges around and it’s a dangerous area. This may not be the bargain after all.
    It’s always best to wait for that ‘gut feeling’.

Personally, I stay away from such things!
    Too scary and unlikely.

Edit: double post.

I agree there. It's a minefield so better to buy with 100% confidence, and even better also from a respectable dealer who gives warrantee. On those auctions (Ebay I assume) the risk is too high and it is too easy to lose big $$$. It is not worth the risk...but that advise was given more often.

For ebay and other auctions goes: know your stuff!!! Don't bid unless you're 100% certain on originality. Unless money is no issue of course. Furthermore; know who you are buying from when placing a bid. Too many frauds out there who easily get away with things on ebay.

Weird...double post

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast