MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Translation M - 1916

Article about: I have pictured two of my Soviet M 1916 helmets, presumably made by Izhora, because the vent comb shapes resemble that pattern illustrated in Clawson. It may be of interest that the comb on

Default Translation M - 1916

I have pictured two of my Soviet M 1916 helmets, presumably made by Izhora, because the vent comb shapes resemble that pattern illustrated in Clawson. It may be of interest that the comb on the left helmet is riveted, the other (right) brazed. The specimen on the right clearly has a replaced liner. The helmet on the left has an inscription scratched on the underside of the front and rear visors that is of interest. Can anyone provide a translation? Any comments on the helmets?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Translation M - 1916   Translation M - 1916  

Translation M - 1916   Translation M - 1916  

Translation M - 1916  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Translation M - 1916
    P
    Many

It’s just not clear enough to read in those pictures. Any way you can rewrite it to the best of your ability on a piece of paper, take a picture of that, and post it here? Kevin

?

To my eyes, there's enough there to deduce 'proletariat of the world unite'.

Пролетарии всех стран, соединяйтесь.

And '1st' at the beginning.

Many thanks pupapup and boyde for your interest and help. It was an unexpected and interesting inscription.

?

The first one, Boycie is right, "Proletarians of the world unite", and the second one - the photo is not good enough, but as I see it's "1-я Пролет. див. ст. Поляков", means "1st Proletarian division, starshina Polyakov".

On a side note, absolutely beautiful and rare helmets!

Mcseam, You hit it on the head. There is an exact match for the number of letters in each word and there is a 90% + match in the characters that I understand, cursive conceals the identity of remainder for me. Thank you, I now have some reading to do. Thanks to all.

?

Quote by sundowner View Post
    Mcseam, You hit it on the head. There is an exact match for the number of letters in each word and there is a 90% + match in the characters that I understand, cursive conceals the identity of remainder for me. Thank you, I now have some reading to do. Thanks to all.
    Glad to help you. Thank you for sharing these photos!