Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 russian helmet. any info appreciated

Article about: I have an old russian helmet, probably a war trophy of a Finnish soldier from Winter War. Color is dark green, and there is no padding left inside. I have no idea what the markings inside me

Default WW2 russian helmet. any info appreciated

I have an old russian helmet, probably a war trophy of a Finnish soldier from Winter War. Color is dark green, and there is no padding left inside. I have no idea what the markings inside mean, could anyone shed some light to them? Any info would be appreciated.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW2 russian helmet. any info appreciated
    P
    Many

Dom
    ?

M36 helmet manufactured in 1939 size 3 ...

Very nice

Bruno

Does it have monetary value, are there lots of buyers for this kind of stuff?

Yes it does have value, collectors like these, especially because the date and size stamp are clear on the inside and it displays well with the red star on the front. Shame there’s no liner and chinstrap, but if it actually was a Finnish war trophy that makes sense as the liners were ripped out so fur hats could be worn under the shell due to the extreme cold. Kevin

Soviet SSh-36 manufactured in 1939 with a “late” Obr. 38 stencil that was put on helmets till 1940. Army depot approval markings are still present with a nice stencil.