Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

WWII Soviet Tanker Helm (Springtime variant??) 1943 dated (picture heavy)

Article about: Hi everyone. So, as I am guessing most of you as well have, I have a ‘bucket list’ of items I want to own in my collection, and one of them that’s high on the list is to purchase an original

Bagration- are you saying you think the helmet I posted is fake?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WWII Soviet Tanker Helm (Springtime variant??) 1943 dated (picture heavy)
    P
    Many

As I said, I don't like it, the stamp, the fluffy grey black fabrics, look on close picture how different both fabrics of authentic one and yours are different so far I've only seen this kind of "fluffy" aspect on fake helmet.

It's not even judging the seller (even if alot could be said) but the item.

But it's just my opinion in any case, wait for more advice, you could ask the member "Dom" he knows alot about Soviet items.

Default M36 Tanker helmet

It is interesting to see how many variants exists of the M36 tanker helmet. I like to show you my example.
    My tanker helmet is very similar to one of Bagration's tanker helmets.
    My tanker helmet is in a very good condition but unfortunately it is not stamped. I think it's an early version because of the blue lining.

WWII Soviet Tanker Helm (Springtime variant??) 1943 dated (picture heavy) WWII Soviet Tanker Helm (Springtime variant??) 1943 dated (picture heavy)
    WWII Soviet Tanker Helm (Springtime variant??) 1943 dated (picture heavy) WWII Soviet Tanker Helm (Springtime variant??) 1943 dated (picture heavy)

Although I respect and take into account everyone's opinion and really appreciate all the help, I think I am still going to disagree with Bagration and llegion on the authenticity of this helmet. I personally am super happy with this item and feel really good about it. Also, to back up my thoughts of this being an authentic helmet, I reached out to the people at Espenlaub and a man named Dmitri gave me his opinion of the authenticity of this item and says it is real, but the stamp is most likely fake. Here is the email response:

I also messaged Zemlyanka, and they also said “Good day, it seems to be a good helmet”, regarding my tanker helmet.

The seller has had multiple (at least two) tanker helmets for sale on eBay over the last two years. The helmets looked good, but there were some issues. On one I was considering, it had what I believe to be postwar buttons. The prices were below market in my opinion, which I found worrisome, but I have purchased an item from him in the past, which was legit and he does get some interesting items.

PapaStalin1943 ==> If you like it good for you, for my part my opinion is the same but I could be wrong

MathieuK ==> I follow this seller since 5 years now he has sold so far like 10 tank helmets, they all follow the same pattern, same fabric grey-black with sometimes inner part clear blue or grey and always the fake stamps.
    He sold another one in february for 250$
    WWII Soviet Tanker Helm (Springtime variant??) 1943 dated (picture heavy)WWII Soviet Tanker Helm (Springtime variant??) 1943 dated (picture heavy)WWII Soviet Tanker Helm (Springtime variant??) 1943 dated (picture heavy)WWII Soviet Tanker Helm (Springtime variant??) 1943 dated (picture heavy)

I haven't watched him very closely, but I noticed he had multiples, which was a flag, the prices were a flag, the buttons were wrong, so I didn't buy one, but they were tempting for the money and how hard they are to come by.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5