Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Flemish Black Brigade Buckle Opinions Please

Article about: This is up for sale advertised as original. I believe it to be fake. I thought the Flemish mane ones and the German made ones were of standard two piece construction. This one is strange. I

Default Flemish Black Brigade Buckle Opinions Please

This is up for sale advertised as original. I believe it to be fake. I thought the Flemish mane ones and the German made ones were of standard two piece construction. This one is strange. I was also not aware these would have had an RZM stamp. Thoughts and opinions are appreciated. Pics are from the sales sight and are not the best.
    John

Flemish Black Brigade Buckle Opinions PleaseFlemish Black Brigade Buckle Opinions Please

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Flemish Black Brigade Buckle Opinions Please
    P
    Many

Hello John. It is a fake. This backaide with that strange catch and same weird RZM exists in many branches. Totenkopf, SS runes, HJ , Weimar buckles and so on.

i think I have read that it is produced in Poland.

Thank you for the reply and information. I gained some additional knowledge today and it is only 0730 hours.
    John
    Last edited by Rescue190; 06-02-2021 at 03:11 PM.

As stated, any buckle with this catch configuration is fake
    Ben

?

I was interested in seeing a real example of this very rare buckle. So did a few forum searches. They do exist, see post #12 in this thread:

Real or Fake RECHT en TROUW Belt buckle

I think the first buckle I asked about on the forum was a DJ with from this series of fakes. 😀

?

As stated above, one of the most encountered fakes, these come in many variations but still are all dud's, as Ben pointed out, any buckle with the reverse that looks like these are a NO go.. G
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Flemish Black Brigade Buckle Opinions Please   Flemish Black Brigade Buckle Opinions Please  

Flemish Black Brigade Buckle Opinions Please   Flemish Black Brigade Buckle Opinions Please  

Flemish Black Brigade Buckle Opinions Please   Flemish Black Brigade Buckle Opinions Please  

Flemish Black Brigade Buckle Opinions Please  
    Attached Images Attached Images Flemish Black Brigade Buckle Opinions Please 
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

?

"Most Belgian made belt buckles show similar features : they are made of a zinc alloy , they don’t bare any maker marks and they have a big nob on top. This nob is the upper part of the pin that holds the claw bar in place."

Belt Buckles – E. Reitz Uniformwerke

Anyone interested in belgian made SS stuff should bookmark this website.