Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Help with SA Belt buckle

Article about: I recently picked up this SA Belt buckle and had a couple questions about it. I got this along with An Iron Cross 2nd Class, in the envelope from the daughter of a WW2 German Soldier( Obergr

?

Default Help with SA Belt buckle

I recently picked up this SA Belt buckle and had a couple questions about it. I got this along with An Iron Cross 2nd Class, in the envelope from the daughter of a WW2 German Soldier( Obergrefeiter Otto Frantz Seitz ). I have been trying to research this SA Buckle and found there are numerous variations, time periods along with belonging to different groups/units.
    This Buckle has no maker marks, and I believe in very nice condition.
    If I can get some thoughts about anything interesting or history on this particular SA belt buckle, it would be appreciated.

Help with SA Belt buckleHelp with SA Belt buckleHelp with SA Belt buckleHelp with SA Belt buckle

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help with SA Belt buckle
    P
    Many

Maker unknown but a very nice original buckle
    Ben

Interesting post to read

Origins of the Sturmabteilung Buckle
    Ben

?

Is this an Enlisted Man, NCO, Officer. Early war, late war. Any thoughts?

?

If I am correct, since the Belt buckle and Iron Cross 2nd Class belonged to the same soldier, I assume he may have been SA prior to joining the Army?

Quote by Obal7 View Post
    Is this an Enlisted Man, NCO, Officer. Early war, late war. Any thoughts?
    Did you read the link? It describes what buckle, belt etc was worn for each period, the buckle is EM prob mid-late war
    Ben

?

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I read the link. Very informative , detailed and long. A lot to take in. What I took, was that there were a lot of variations and choices. I must have missed the part when it described EM, Officer and buckles past 1939. I will re-read it. Thank you.

?

Nice original buckle. You can find these with UE8 and RZM 17 markings. These are Assmann codes.